Wow Moment

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I tell mine off for chasing like they can actually hear me/understand. My sister thinks is hilarious when she hears me shout "ZIPPY(my Platy) STOP IT!" from the other side of the room. I can't help it though, you do start to think of them as more intelligent than they are. At least I do.

I find that I look at my tank more than I actually watch tv.

Im the same! Our 4 foot tank is in the living room and we are all football fanatics, but when the England games are on my son turns the tank lights off cos he says I watch that more than the game!! :lol:

I have a room with my 55g and 75g in it, I set up a little recliner and i will sit in that room for hours and watch my GTs and Oscars

I am sitting here using my laptop in my living room & just glanced at my tank, I got lost in the fishy world & before I new it 5 mins had just flown by. It was like a real moment of self congratulation as I remebered all the hard work cycling & fighting disease's etc.
I actualy feel quite proud at the moment.

Does anyone else sometimes feel this way or is it just me being a sentimental old git?

Tom

Tom, Tom, Tom..... :lol: You are NOT the only one! I go to feed the fish and 30 minutes later I come up (from downstairs) and my hubby will be like, "what were you doing all this time?" I'd be like, "feeding the fish" He'd say, "for 30 mins?" :lol: YUP! I can't look at my tank for less than 10 mintues - just not possible. If my eyes fall on it, they are glued... haha. It is peaceful and enjoyable to watch and I could watch them for hours and not even realize it. Every 30 minutes feels like 5 minutes. So much activity. I told my husband it is like that movie "Truman" where every one can watch his daily life everyday and is fascinated by it. Same thing but more relaxing but it is a little world going on right in your own living room. Fascinating. I have 3 tanks btw, and my husband asks, "why do you need 3" He just doesn't get it. :no: Some people do, some don't. What can you do?

Enjoy, and know you are not alone, by a long shot! :nod:

Yesterday was my birthday, and I had a small group of family over for dinner. While they all sat around a visited I sat in front of my new tank and just watched! :D And believe me, there isn't much going on in my brand new tank, yet its so easy to get caught up in it.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back