Wow, Found A Random Little Fry

karigupi

Fish Herder
Joined
Apr 12, 2009
Messages
1,043
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Northants
Feeding my snakes this morning & something swimming at the top caught my eye, a very cute little fry :wub:

I know its not from the snakes, as they arent old enough yet, but i've not had any other fish in that tank for months, the only thing I can think of is that it was a random egg which hitchhiked in on some live plants? I added some more frogbit a few weeks back, maybe an egg could have been on one of those?

Am amazed that the snakeheads hadnt eaten it, that must be one fast little fry!

I've caught it & put it in a trap in another tank now, time will tell I guess. Its very cute, about the size of a two week old guppy.
 
Thanks guys, I found another one yesterday, so now have two little fry in a breeder net in another tank.

I'm amazed that they survived in there, thinking maybe because of all the floating plants they had lots of hiding places? Also wondering how many there were to begin with?
 
Quick update, I found another one, so now have three unknown babies :good: Wondering if they are hatching at the moment & thats why I keep finding them? Cant see any eggs anywhere though.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top