Would Water At 1.005 And Under Be Safe For....

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

penguinpimp1990

Fish Addict
Reaction score
a little over a year ago i bought a 55 gallon tank and I think it was an all glass brand. If it was all glass brand thank from what i remember they are for FW only. I wanted to move the fish in there currently and make it an all BBG and glassfish tank. If the water's sg stays at 1.005 or lower is it safe or will the seam weaken?

I dont see why it shouldnt be used for brackish or saltwater.... Whats your reasoning behind thinking that it may not be suitable.

Ben

I've never heard of a modern aquarium that can't be used in salt water. With the old tanks, where a metal frame held the glass panes together, this was an issue. But silicone sealant should be fine in fresh or salt water. If you know the company that made the tank, perhaps you can find their web site and e-mail them?

Cheers,

Neale

i know exactly what your talking about, it has to do with the lighting and hood getting "salt Creep" which i wouldn't worry about , the tank itself is fine. i'm doing the same thing and my lighting is fine for now, just need to do some cleaning 2 times a month or so.

Most reactions

Back