Would This Be Overstocked?

Le Sorcier

Fish Crazy
Joined
Oct 8, 2007
Messages
351
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Already have....

2 Platys
2 Mollies
6 Black Ruby Barbs
4 Julii Corys
2 Melini Corys

and would like

4/5 Polka Dot Loach
3 Cockatoo Cichlids
4 Angelfish
1 Small Plec

Is this too much?

Thanks
 
I would cut down on the angel fish, and instead of a harem of cockatoos, I would go for a pair. Do you plan on keepig the fry from the platties and mollies, If so, don't expect much luck because the angels and cockatoos will eat them.
 
Thanks.

Could I have a pair of Angels?

No fry from the Platys/Mollies so far...
 
To get platy fry, one of those 2 platys must be a girl and the other a boy. The girl platy may get more attention than she would like!
 
With just the standard filtration my suggestion would be...

2 Platys
2 Mollies
6 Black Ruby Barbs
4 Julii Corys
2 Melini Corys

and then

3 Cockatoo Cichlids
1 Angelfish
1 Small Plec

I would only keep 1 Angelfish in that sized tank, but you may be able to house two (depending on the footprint of the tank and the personalities of the angels).
 
Take out the angels and the rest of the stocking looks fine for a rio 180.
 
You could try it, the only problem I could see with an Angel is with the Apistos, depends on the personality of the Angel.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top