Would This All Fit In A 12 Gallon?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Hobbit

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Ok, im kinda in a hurry, so this is written sloppy. Sorry. I have an eclipse 12, and on the right side of the tank, im going to make a slope, where i want my inverts to crawl around, and its where i want most of my corals. On the right side, i Have small pieces of lr and lr rubble around an old water bottle, and thats where i want my pistol and goby to live once i get them. My corals plans are some zoos aound the entrance of the bottle, a feather duster beind that, and a little to the right, and i was hoping for some type of anemone in the corner, to the far right. I really have to go, later ill post what i want for the left side of the tank.

Thanks--
Jordan.

Even if you are able to provide good lighting, water quality, stability, and flowrate in a nano (something which few beginners are able to do), a typical decorative anemone will outgrow a tank as small as a 12g in no time. As it grows it will sting and kill anything near it, probably not the best of ideas ;)

The only "hitch" i see in you plan is rock piled in a corner may cause a flow issue and you cant exactly tell your goby and shrimp where to live they may go there but no one knows for sure.

well, when i put the pistol in, im going to section off that part of the tank for a few days with plastic, so he HAS to go there, for the shelter he requires. And ii didnt really mean 'pile' the rock. My mistake. I will stack it yes, but i will have a power heat aimed directly at it. With maybe a spraybar underneath. So no anemones? I will have 96 watt quad compact fluerecent.

well, when i put the pistol in, im going to section off that part of the tank for a few days with plastic, so he HAS to go there,

Oh boy....are YOU in for a lot of surprises. LOL. SH

I'm sorry, i realize i was sounding a bit bratty. Here's where i garned this info fromMy Pistol Topic
I believe you even posted in there SH...

Zoos = Good idea
Anenome = Bad idea

I have no experience with a istol shrimp so cannot comment there but good luck with that, as for the corals, start off with some softies, then if you have adequete lighting move onto some of the easier to keep LFS (Brains etc) I personally find corals to be much more attractive than anenomes anyway.

Wait at least a month to add your corals, and ensure your water params are good, for corals you should be checking:

Nitrate
Nitrite
Ammonia
PH
KH
Calcium
Temp
SG

thanks. What are good corals for a begginer? Im going to have PLEANTY of lighting. 96w quad fixture for a 12 gallon. I like

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back