Would shrimps be a good addition???

Fishies4Ever

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I feel like shrimp would be a cool addition for my tank. Itā€™s a bit overstocked with tetras šŸ˜¬
Iā€™ve got 16 I think. Itā€™s a 10 gallon. I just found some shrimp on a Amazon I figured Iā€™d test it out and see how it goes. I know some might get eaten but if they reproduce a lot the fish will help keep the numbers down. Iā€™ve got live plants, should I add more before getting shrimp if thats even a good idea? Iā€™ve got black neons, serpae tetra, neons, and flame tetras.
Here would be the shrimp Iā€™d be getting, I know they are different kinds but Iā€™ve seen people who let thereā€™s breed with different color varieties and some cool new ones come out of it sometimes. https://www.amazon.com/Tropical-Fish-Feed-neocaridina-Freshwater
Good idea or bad?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    303.4 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 21
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I wouldn't get them from Amazon; have a look at AquaBid

They need a well-established tank, how long has it been set up?

Should be OK...they need botanicals, too, get some Indian Almond leaves

Cool thanks! Iā€™ll probably get some more plants and the almond leaves. What are botanicals or are those almond leaves?

Just realized that when shrimps cross breed they normally turn a brown color how do you selectively breed shrimp? What would I feed them?

I doubt any of the babies will make it in a tank with fish.
Mine do, prolifically...you just need lots of hiding places for the shrimplets to grow into adulthood

Yes, the leaves are one form of botanicals

Cool thanks! Iā€™ll probably get some more plants and the almond leaves. What are botanicals or are those almond leaves?
Botanical means a substance obtained from a plant..Indian Almond Leaves realease many such substances that benefit most fish and shrimp. Shrimp also love to chew on Guava leaves and Mulberry leaves too.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back