Would I Need Two Filters?

youngfisher

Marine Keeper..
Joined
Apr 20, 2009
Messages
3,105
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Leicester
As many know I have 2 tanks, Im thinking if I get FRY from certain fish, and get a Seperator for the tank.

Will I need to get another filter, so each side has a filter?
 
You'd need a filter on each tank, but I'm pretty sure most people with divided tanks (well, small divided tanks) only have one filter.
 
I wouldn't have thought so, though if you did, a basic sponge filter would be fine and safe for fry. Thing is, you'd need to make sure the divider's holes were small enough that the fry couldn't swim through and be eaten or sucked into your main filter.

If you have two tanks why not use one as a growout tank with a sponge filter in it, a heater and a few bunches of plants and java moss to hide in?

What fish do you have that are breeding?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top