Would an oscar kill a ghost knife fish?

nc_nutcase said:
I dont think all the nasty things some say about Oscars are true. They will eat any small fish which isnt defensive. Other than that, they seem to get along with everything!

When I was young I always thought Oscars were highly aggressive. But that was because I raised a community (4-5) of Oscars in a 55Gal tank. Sure by the time they were 10+ inches long they had killed off everything in the tank. Not because they are such mean fish, but because I was such an ignorant fish keeper!

Unfortunately many people do such things with Oscars. A small lack of education can cause a major impact on others (that goes beyond fish keeping too!). I've also raised many Oscars and have found that small groupings (3-5) get along well if they aren't overcrowded which is contrary to the 'experts' advice.

Oh... by the way... when you get your Rams all situated you aughta have us over for dinner so we can see the tank... there couldn't be but a few hundred of us that read this board on a daily basis... I'll bring the potato salad!
Mmm potato salad! Now you have me craving some! :p Hehehe. Well my room is pretty small so only like 5 people at a time to see the tank. Admission is 5 dollars. ;) :lol:

nc_nutcase said:
5 bucks! not fair!! I'll either pay or bring the potato salad
Lol, go for the salad. I'll bring some salmon :shifty:

I think you're right NC, Oscars are really just big, playful fish :p :fun:

My Jag and Flowerhorn on the other hand...well, they mean business!

--Dan

DannyBoy17 said:
nc_nutcase said:

--Dan
Oh I don't think salmon would fit in my 120 gallon, they might get too big...You WERE reffering to a LIVE salmon and not a DEAD one weren't you? ;) :p

PS--I love salmon! :D

Raechal said:
DannyBoy17 said:
nc_nutcase said:

--Dan
Oh I don't think salmon would fit in my 120 gallon, they might get too big...You WERE reffering to a LIVE salmon and not a DEAD one weren't you? ;) :p

PS--I love salmon! :D
Of course! Salmon so good :drool:

I'll bring so lobsters too.

--Dan

Most reactions

Back