Worth Buying From The Store?

mwood2

Fish Addict
Joined
Sep 24, 2008
Messages
749
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Vancouver WA (US)
So I dropped by petco today since my girlfriend wanted to look at hamsters and when I was looking at the fish I noticed they now carry blue and gold rams. Issue is I don't trust there tanks much. I have am extra 10 gallon I can hold him in untill I can be sure there safe but don't know if 1 it's worth it and 2 what I should do to prep the tank? They also have a few other species that would be nice but am unsure. Prevents me a long drive to obtain fish but the condition of the tanks is horrible. The tanks themself look horrible and all of them have aquarium salt inside sayng they reccomend it in all tanks although tons of fish are sick or dead. Kind of a rescue attempt but plan to Sepeate the fab and see how they do fist.

Is this worth it?
 
How much are they? I don't believe our Petco sells them. I would buy them. They can't be THAT bad. Just make sure you acclimate them VERY SLOWLY.
 
Well the issue is that the conditions seem to be way off of what they should be. Fish are always dead when I visit and they have Aquarium Salt in every tank even though it harms some fish which doesn't make much sense to me. Also its not a few but a few dozen. I will get a 10 gallon set up for hold them until there safe to put into the aquarium.

Should I use bare bottom or gravel? And which would be better for my 30, golden or blue rams?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top