Worm Hitchiker Id Please

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

norite

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi, can anyone ID this worm for me please? It's about 5cm (2") long, with brown and cream banding, its head has these weird feelers on the end, about 10 of them. I found it in a colony of star polyps I'm acclimatising right now.

Sorry for the quality of the photo, it was the best out of a bad bunch....
WormHitchiker.jpg

Is it safe to put in my tank? :blink:

I thik it's some sort of ribbon worm...?

hmm i have that same worm looking thing in my rock as well...i chopped him in half the other day as he came out! havent seen him since! stupid worms :sick:

Hi, can anyone ID this worm for me please? It's about 5cm (2") long, with brown and cream banding, its head has these weird feelers on the end, about 10 of them. I found it in a colony of star polyps I'm acclimatising right now.

Sorry for the quality of the photo, it was the best out of a bad bunch....
WormHitchiker.jpg

Is it safe to put in my tank? :blink:

I thik it's some sort of ribbon worm...?

is it a bristle worm??

No idea what it is but I have a couple of guys in my tank that look exactly the same.

My first impressions were a sea snake !! lol,,,

but obviously not that size. Could just be a completely harmless thing, especially as some of the other guys have the same type of thing in theirs ?

I believe it is a spaghetti worm. They are harmless and eat all the uneaten stuff. I initially thought it was something like a banded sea crate, which is certainly NOT harmless :lol: .

Hope this helps

Regards

Most reactions

Back