World Cup Rugby - Kick-Off On 9 Sept.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ludwig Venter

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Only 9 days left to kick-off..... any supporters???....

It starts on the 9th September and my (South Africa's) first game will be on the 11th against Wales......

SA is currently the defending world champs and they aim to be the first country to successfully defend their title and win the wc twice in a row, but I'm afraid if their performance in the recent Tri-nations is a measure....... they can go home already..... Let's see what happens.

Thats my first game to(Wales) unfortunatly I as much as I may wish I might just beable to guess the result.

Good luck.

still sore from the last world cup what that ref was seeing i dont know

I'm not really into Rugby, Football is my favourite sport, but I do follow the world cup, six nations etc, I'm hoping we can do better than last time, I never forget the 2003 world cup final, it was amazing to watch.

indeed, nothing quite like beating the Ozzies on their own turf with seconds on the clock remaining....

Except stuffing em by 50 points.
wahey.gif
(i think they've got a better than outside chance of winning this time though)

I must add that SA drew a relatively easy pool in the first round without AUS included, So if we're lucky, they may get eliminated before we have to face them..... Hope! ...Hope!!!....

Great opening ceremony, but not a very convincing victory to Nieu Zealand in the the opening game against Tonga.... Only 41 to 10 victory..... should've been a runaway!!!

I thought it was a great game, I love the Haka, it's simply amazing! I do agree though, it should have been a bigger score line for the All Black's.

England start tomorrow morning, fingers crossed.Shoud be ok as long as we don't get drawn into an arm wrestle.

England start tomorrow morning, fingers crossed.Shoud be ok as long as we don't get drawn into an arm wrestle.
England is a team to be reckoned with, but never under estimate the Argentinians...... They play a quick game and a wide game always feeding right up to the wings..... England is good at ball retention and bulldozing with the forwards.... Will be interesting to see which tactic works on the day.... (My call is that England should take it by 26 to 14) :lol: Kick-off in 20 minutes.... Good luck!!!

Ouch England!!!!..... I missed it completely there..... How close!!!..... England win 13 to 9. Lots of penalties conceded and kicking away posession.... Also a terrible kicking at post ratio for Wilkinson...... Lots of brushing up to do for England if the're going to stay in this much longer..... and PLEASE!.... lose those Black jerseys!

:lol: And that streaker!!!..... Put some excitement in the game.

That was the definition of 'win ugly'.Only just been able to prise the remote from my white knuckled hands.
There's an old cliche about winning the right to go wide.We did not.Throwing a couple of long passes to the wings is too easy do defend with a drift defense.
England as always, then reverted to type and allowed themselves to get drawn into a fight at the breakdown.
And another thing, what's with the obsession of having front row forwards out in the line.
The positive thing was having Ben Youngs back, he adds more impetus to an otherwise static attacking backline.Not his fault, but did anyone notice Chris Ashton was playing today?
Still i win is a win etc...

Oh and Ludwig, should you be getting excited about a male streaker?
smile.gif

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back