2010 World Soccer Cup

Ludwig Venter

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Now, I don't know if we have any soccer fans on this forum, (I'm certainly not - I'm into Rugby) but only by the link we have via the forum.... I'm inviting anyone on the forum who wishes to attend the tournament.... free accommodation at my pad as well as the use of my spare car for the duration of the world cup..... All you'll need is your airfare to SA & back home..... (obviously... first come... first serve).... Let me know if you're interrested.

I'm within one hours drive from where some of the big games will take place.

Now, I don't know if we have any soccer fans on this forum, (I'm certainly not - I'm into Rugby) but only by the link we have via the forum.... I'm inviting anyone on the forum who wishes to attend the tournament.... free accommodation at my pad as well as the use of my spare car for the duration of the world cup..... All you'll need is your airfare to SA & back home..... (obviously... first come... first serve).... Let me know if you're interrested.

Wow that would be amazing! :drool:

I dont have the money to go :-( that is a mighty generous offer from you all the same

my word that's a generous offer!

I'm surprised nobody has snapped your hand off for this!

i wish i had the money to go, and watch spain win it. but im going to europe in spring of 2010, and i cant be traveling all the time.

edit: heck i never travel, what am i saying... lol but still, no money...

world cup offical song 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEXOSDcT3H0&feature=related

1.30 into the video you will see ludwig himself :shifty:

He! he! :lol: ... nope!!.. I'm more of a water baby as in the glimpse at 1.42/3.... But, you also feature quite often... without the glases and cigarete, but no mistaking...

Actually very good video material, but just takes ages to load.... First time I hear the song though...

The offer still stands.

That's an amazing offer Ludwig. I'd be more looking forward to seeing your fish collection than the football 'soccer'!
Im afraid i'll be watching it from my home in NW England.

Seeing as your from South Africa, I wanted to touch on a subject that is on the tongues of a lot of us English football fans.
This BBC article is a good balanced arguement about the safety of the foreign fans in your country, respectfully.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/8668615.stm​

And knowing some football fans like I do (especially English fans!) I sense somebody doing something out of line.

What are your views on this?

James.

James.... as I said... My offer still stands to a member of this forum, but.... the rest of your question.... I have not even looked at your Link content as I can well anticipate.... I am also extremely concerned that something very eventfull and detrimental to SA's reputation WILL stem from this prestige event....

Personally... I would steer clear of the stadiums during this time and rather do a sight-seeing thing... and watch the matches on TV.... (I have a biggish screen, so my guests can have it both ways)....

A little event like a Vuvozella being blown off in the ear of a nearby spectator can lead to a mass incident, but also the conmen are waiting for the world to arrive.

Prices are hiked astronomically... because the rand/dollar/pound exchange is high and people are prepared to pay the price...

I'd say... accept my offer.... come to SA.... sit in my lounge and watch the game.... use my spare car to do day trips to game reserves and come back in the evenings to sleep in the safety of my house... Do not go anywhere close to the stadiums.

I really wish I could take you up on this. Not for the football (soccer?) though. Can't stand the sport. More for the country. And to see your fish.

How does SA differ from Kenya? I went there a few years ago. Went to one of the big reserves, a croc farm, some cool stuff like that, also took a couple of trips out of our lovely comfy hotel to witness first hand the terrible terrible conditions some people live in. People in this country wouldn't use these peoples homes as a shed! Is SA like that in parts? Obviously with Africa being so big things could be completely different.

I'd take it up if I had the funds, and i'd encourage anyone else to! Great offer, very kind.
Anyway, im not passionate enough to go watch the football abroad. Because like you, Im definately a rugby man!

James

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back