Wobbly Guppy?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

how many guppy fry have you gotten in ur first drop?

• Total voters

biokid101

Fishaholic
Reaction score
hi im new here and i dont know where everything is.so if someone already posted something like this im sorry. ive been keeping livebearers since july 09 but i started with guppies since christmas 09.anyway i have 5 female guppies and 3 male guppies in a 10 gallon tank. its just them in there.i put one female into a birthing tank in a 5 gallon tank. she is pretty fat and squared off. yesterday i notice her dart around the tank and she is a little "wobbly". and i saw her do this thing that dogs do to get water off of them.i thot she was giving birth but nothing came.she has this little hole under her gravid spot(which is dark and light).it looks like a tube sorta. im afraid shes gonna die cause i never saw this before. but she may be loosing her balance cause her stomach is fat. can someone or someones tell me whats going on here?

Hi and welcome :)

Your guppy sounds close,sounds like her birthing tube is out and she's getting ready...

Any chance of a pic?

Do you have a filter in 5g? keep an eye on water stats...

i have no pic im sorry. i didnt know that livebearers had a tube! i just read that in a forum on here.this is a very helpful site.
she doesnt eat alot. not like she used to. she ate 3-4 flakes now she eats 1 im scared shes sick but im happy she might give birth. i never got a guppy to breed before and i have never had a chance to raise fry.but im ready and its gonna happen soon.
now that her birthing tube has opened, how far will she be?without the picture of her?

she is in her own tank. the 5 gallon one. i can actually see the whole entire eye in the female not just the black dot the whole thing!! thats so cool. she is getting ready! she is starting to hide behind plants and go up and down the walls. im so mad that i have to go to school!! i hope when i get back i have fry!

good luck :good: :good: in my first guppy drop awhile ago was a fail she when she had her drop,only three fry which i all have today knock on wood,but yea you learn from your mistakes after she had her drop she died but was a beautful guppy

if shes hiding a lot more than usual and not eating as usual she is probably gonna drop anytime. from the side does her belly look like this \___/. if so, get ready for babies. also try feeding her some peas tomorrow in case she having trouble pooing which can sometimes cause loss of balance.
cheers

post-27009-125917638102.jpg

A gravid guppy squared of and about 20 minutes away from giving birth

post-27009-125917638102.jpg

A gravid guppy squared of and about 20 minutes away from giving birth
post-27009-125917673775.jpg

guppy giving birth

Very very good snap shots fish48 those are very helpful for people who haven't had guppys i bet and fish48 i have the same exsact guppy strain of the yellow one like its a clone but mines un fertile

mine does look like that one on the top. when i got home she was sitting on the gravel for some reason. i thot she was giving birth but i didnt see babies. then she started to panice around and dart around the tank. i thot she was giving birth but nothing again! very good pictures and finally someone showed me what it looks like! thank u. in the first picture by the anal fin it looks like the back part of the stomach moves up a little bit

Welcome to the forum Biokid. Haven't I seen you on the forum in the past with a very similar name?

I think I have often gotten 20 or more fry from each guppy drop. I seldom count fry, because it would be a full time job in my primarily livebearer fish room. I get as many fry as I get and then go on to raise the fry to full adult size. That can take anywhere from 3 months for endlers to 1 year for Characodons. The end result is always some very healthy fish that are quite capable of doing well on their own in a community setting. My fish include many that can do fine in almost any sewtting.

yea my name is on a nother fish forum site.
ok now my female is very hyper she is having mood swings lol. im only 14 so im not an expert of knowing when they will drop, but i would say this week it has to be cause she is huge. if she gets any bigger shes gonna blow! ive been on this site and its really helpful. especiallly those pictures above.

Most reactions

Back