Wireless Problems?

Arfie

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Is anyone else having "issues" with Windows managed wireless networking?

My home laptop started having a paddy the other day dropping the signal and refusing to reconnect without a reboot, in the end I swapped management of wireless over to the hardware's own software.

Today I'm in the office with my owrk laptop and it started doing the same thing, so I had to disable windows managing the wireless and pass it over to the software that came with the hardware.

I noticed that the problems on the work one today happened after a windows update, but I have no idea about my home one. I've got a PC and another laptop on wireless that I need to decide whether to do the same thing to or not. So has anyone else had issues with it?

Arfie

:lol: I actually had the problem the other way around - and now running much better and quicker on Windows than I was on D-link. So sorry not much help there.

I'm having sort of the same problem. But when it tries to re-connect it tries to connect to other wireless networks, even though I have them all on an excluded list, it just sits there, trying to connect so have to reboot. This is using the internal wireless network card. I will try the windows microsoft client.

So, I'm no help either. Sorry. :D

Most reactions

Back