Windows 7

blue acara

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I recently installed a copy of windows 7 on my pc. It worked fine for a few days then I started getting black screen on start up, the hard disk was not booting up. It started doing this more and more over a week until on start up the screen says my hard disk is s.m.a.r.t and is done for.

So Ive just bought a new hard disk on tuesday-its now friday and Ive just got my first black screen on start up just now.

Im worried this new hard disk is going to go the same way as the old one. Can anyone advise?

did you put a fresh install of win 7 on the new drive? also is it fully legit? if it is 2 HDD's in a week then it could be the mobo (i doubt it though)

If you could post details of the pc, make and model if you bought it or list the mobo model and hard drive details if you built it then that would help.

I think you should totally format your drive and than install Windows 7. I think there will be no problem, if problem will arise then you have hardware related problem. Otherwise, it will work very well. I have done the same procedure.

Most reactions

Back