Will This Be Ok?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

azzaknight

Fishaholic
Reaction score
in my 15 gal ( 60L ):
pair of german blue rams( 1 male and 1 female )
4-5 mixed corrys

the aquarium will be well planted aquarium and i will be making a small cave for the rams.
will this be ok??

many thanxs ;)

Personally I wouldn't put GBR's in a 60L. I've done it before but I wouldn't do it again.

i wouldnt go with a pair in a 60 litre, stick with one females, some dither fish such as cardinal tetras and some corydoras that do well at high temps.

rams need to be kept at 28oC or they will deteriorate FAST!!!

they need to be kept at this temperature so there metabolisms and immune systems can stay at optimum speed/health, rams constantly produce pathogens and their immune system stops them from affecting the fish, but should their immune system slow down, the pathogens will affect the fish, and make it ill.

the most common being hexamita (HITH)

it is also essential you feed them lots of meaty foods full of fatty acids and proteins, such as:

mysis
prawn
mussel
beef
lamb
tuna
salmon
brine shrimp
blood worm (as a treat say once every fortnight.

thanx. i re-doing the tank beforei add the fish so will be left for a couple of months before adding any fish.
what fish should i put in first??
cardinals??
corydoras??
rams??

thanx. i re-doing the tank beforei add the fish so will be left for a couple of months before adding any fish.
what fish should i put in first??
cardinals??
corydoras??
rams??
cardinals...corydoras...rams

but it would be best to leave the tank ticking over with ammonia for 3-4 months before stocking, to give it time to mature, and for you to learn how to rectify problems should they occur

is there anything special i need to do to mature the tank. it is setup atm but will be getting rid of all the fish and getting a new filter. the one ive got is crap. was going to get a stingray filter. what should i buy after to get the new filter to mature??

is there anything special i need to do to mature the tank. it is setup atm but will be getting rid of all the fish and getting a new filter. the one ive got is crap. was going to get a stingray filter. what should i buy after to get the new filter to mature??
it happens on its own. its one of those things, that happens as a tank develops

can you buy cheap testing kits so i can test the water myself. if so where??
ammonia
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Salifert-Ammonia-Pro...2|39:1|240:1318
nitrite
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Salifert-Nitrite-Pro...1742.m153.l1262
nitrate
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Salifert-Nitrate-Pro...1742.m153.l1262
PH
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Salifert-pH-Profi-Te...1742.m153.l1262

saliferts were made for salt water but are suitable for aquarium use, and are in my experience the most accurate to date :good:

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
can you get electrical readers for aquariums e.g. you put the something in the tank and it reads the amonia, nitrate, nitrite, pH??

im only 14 so is there any cheap testing kits you know of?
do i need a cave for the rams or can i make a coconut cave or a pebble cave for them or dont i need one??

im only 14 so is there any cheap testing kits you know of?
do i need a cave for the rams or can i make a coconut cave or a pebble cave for them or dont i need one??
the saliferts are well priced, you wont get anything much cheaper, im 14 too lol, a coconut cave would be good :good:

and dont buy API test kits i have found them VERY in accurate

ok isit cheaper to take some water to my local lfc and then they tell me if it is ok. im just interested in the cheapest way possible to be honest :D
i have the money (i think) for those saliferts but i just dont want to spend to much!! :D :p :D
any special plants they like or any. gunna get some amazon swords for defo but going to have a look tomorow for some different plants aswell. will tell you what ones i like when i see them :good:

Most reactions

trending

Back