Will These Fish Mix

beechey

Fish Herder
Joined
Oct 31, 2005
Messages
1,518
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
GB
ive got a 75 gal tank for my first tank currently bein cycled at the mo..

found a few fish that i would like in my tank.
dont think i will be able to have them all but can i please have some positive feedback

10 neon tetra
1 severum
4 hatchet fish
2 king cobra guppy
1 siamese fighting fish
5 harlequins
1 cukoo catfish
1 royal plec
1 red tail black shark
3 clown loach
1 flying fox
2 kuhli loach
1 whiptail
 
As its a new tank i wuldnt get the neons for another 6 months as they prefer a mature tank.
The severum you will have to lose as it grows really big and will eat the other small fish or the severum on his own.
A siamese fighter in that size tank might not like it as it will probably be nipped at by other fish and they dont like neons or guppies.
I wouldnt get the plecs either until you see the algae growth appear.
Cant help with anything else though. :)

Remember once the cycle has finished just to add a few fish each week to help the filter build up slowly. A quarantine tank is a good idea as well.
 
As its a new tank i wuldnt get the neons for another 6 months as they prefer a mature tank.

cool i didnt know that

The severum

not done much research on these. some one on here had a nice looking one so i wanted one..
 
I love severums too and most pet stores get them as 2 inch babies. They are a cichlid though and get really big so do a google on those for more info.
 
I hate stocking questions lol as everyones taste is different. Well if it was my tank then I would add another 4 male guppies to stop aggression. A couple more hatchetfish. As for the cuckoo catfish they like to be in groups when they are younger so maybe get an extra one. The redtailed shark doesnt like fish that look like them so it might be that or the flying fox as i dont think they will get along together. The plecs are fine but I wouldnt add them until you have good algae growth.
Hope that helped. :)
 
Any pictures of it and whatsort of decor you gna have because i think it will depend on what hiding spaces you have and the such for the more agfgresive things. And the plants you will have. HTH
Bret
 
One thing that stuck out for me was the guppies and fighter fish, these will not work well together if the guppys are brightly colour, and the siamese fighter may attack and kill the fish, or nip them.

As for the plec, I never seem to have problem in adding a plec to a new tank, but I suppose its personal opinion as to whether you wait for the tank to mature. And for the neons, they are always the first fish I add to new tanks for colour, and I never have any problems. :)
 
[/b]goldfish bowl

havent got any pics at present im cycleing the tank at the min, but it will have a few hideing places
 
Once I added neons to my tank first when i was a n00b. None of them lasted the night, I wouldn't recommend them till your tank is well established.
 
The guppies and the siamese fighting fish (betta) are usually a bad combo, but in a tank this big it's possible that they will leave each other alone. You may want to get a female betta jsut to be on the safe side.
 
Khulis would do a lot better with more of them.

Far as I understand most bettas do not go so well in very large tanks, nor would I put one in with guppies, tetras or any female betta.
 
[/b]dangerous dan

clown loaches will be fine checked it out.

arxc08 gonna take your advice as well as black angel about waiting till the tank is more mature before adding neon tetra`s,,

not long now before the fish cone gonna add the first few just after new year..
 

Most reactions

Back
Top