Will plec be safe?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

CFC

Leader of the Fishes
Reaction score
My other half has decided to close down her tank as she wants to concentrate on snakes :eek: How ever,she has asked me to keep a few of her favourite fish namely 2 peppered corys and a 2" plec (store says when full grown will only be 4").The trouble is i have a 8" shovelnose (sorubim lima)which i know will consider anything up to 3" as food,but will it bother trying to eat other catfish with their spiny fins.He is well fed and hasn't bothered any of his tank mates before but theres always a first time.Your opinions please :)

Gibbo as requested ive posted some piccies of a few of my fish in the members pictures section :D

I wouldn't recommend it myself because a) It's a risk for the Corys and Plec (your partner wouldn't like that) and B) if swallowed the Corys would lock their pectoral fins out and could choke the Shovelnose!! I don't think any side would benefit B)

Yeh thats what i thought but nice to get second opinion,oh bother looks like i'll have to keep the tank going now what a shame :rolleyes: ;)

ah snakes you have snakes ? :wub: them, i use to keep one but sadly he died :-(

Yeh she has a 4ft corn named spike but now she has decided she'd like a couple more and is going to try breeding them,just hope the new ones like me more than he does as he strikes the sides of the viv evey time i go near!But never mind at least it means she's finally given in to me having a bigger tank :hyper: ,just got to find some cash to do it now :huh:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back