Will A Wooden Chest Of Draws Support A 3Ft Tank?

hi m8 member u were saying bout puttin a fish tank on a chest of draws wen i started my first tank i put mine on it in the bedroom
it was really lovely also it sat just the rite hight m8 any other pob just let me no k hav experance in pond/cold/hot and salt water fish

Without actually seeing the furniture in question it is nearly impossible to tell. Some furniture works fine, others it's an accident waiting to happen.

the chest of draws is similiar to these : http://www.ikeafans.com/galleries/images/107528/large/1_ikea_6_drawer_chest.jpg

If it's from Ikea I would keep a mop handy. I've never been impressed by the quality of their furniture, and would personally never consider it for a larger tank.

Ideally yes, though there are plenty of other, usually older well built pieces of furniture out there that will double as a tank stand. I have a couple of heavy nightstands that are normally used as a sort of end table downstairs that have been pressed into service as tank stands. I have also seen people pick up used furniture really cheap, and reinforcing these less than stout pieces with 2x2's & 2x4's, though this results in the drawers bein unusable.

Whichever way you wish to go I can help, as can many other members.

Most reactions

Back