Wild Simplex spawn attempt take 2

Yes, it's crazy!! I moved them into a kritter keeper with an eyedropper, since I saw planaria creeping in the jar :grr:
I counted eight of them. Most are sporting the black stripe, which means they'll be dark, a couple are white which means they're most likely orange. Craziness, but I'm kinda excited about them now. They're unexpected babies! :hyper:

Great, looks like something i would do when i was a kid, hey mom can we keep the frog.. It looks great i wish you the best of luck.

slamster17 said:
any luck with the simplex yet kelly?
[snapback]854341[/snapback]​

They're not doing a thing :zz So I'm going to leave them forever (kidding!)...but for at least a week.
New set up, I think I'm going to chunk in a sockful of coconut fiber later when I get the time.
1ss12.jpg

Bah! They've done nothing :rolleyes:

Update on the jar kids though, they're doing amazingly well and growing fast. There's seven left, I had two die unfortunately.

I found the ninth in the jar later that night. A friend of mine and myself sat on the floor in the fishroom looking in the jar to make sure I got them all,we were certain I had. But I couldn't bring myself to empty the jar and I kept thinking of the phrase from Lilo and Stitch
"No one is forgotten or left behind" so I was quite shocked and relieved to find one in the jar later that night. I knew it!!
Such tiny little punks ^_^

Awww, Lilo and Stitch :wub: Hmm, we have that here at the library . . I should get it out again now that you've got me thinking about it :lol: Dunno if you name any/all of your bettas, but IMHO you should name the jar-baby Ohama ;)

Can we PLEASE see pic of the jar babies?!
I tried, and barely got one good shot :*) I found another deady last night, and then I counted 8 fry....? I don't know what the heck is going on in there :S
1fry.jpg

Andie~ :lol: That would be so cute, I wish I knew which one was the last in the jar. I know it was a darky, that's about it.

Well, I think I'm going to wrap up this venture for a few weeks. They're not doing anything. Maybe when the weather cools down a bit.

For now, aside from the heat, I think I've found one thing that may be turning them off...
1simplexnada.jpg

Who wants something like that peeking in all day?!? It never even dawned on me that he might be bothering them, I just can't keep him out of there.

I've said No more rabbits in the fishroom! before, but here we are a year later and he's still a hellraiser! I guess I'll try them on an upper shelf next time :X

Aww, he's so handsome though! Though yeah, I guess if I were trying to carry on the family line that'd be pressure enough without somebody there to supervise :rolleyes:

I never tried to see if my guinea pigs liked to watch my fish . . . now I wish I had . . . hmm, could this be a legitimate excuse to go back to Pets Unlimited and take home that gorgeous red abby boar my dog fell in love with yesterday? Maaaybe . . . :angel:

He loves being in there with them. I was wishing I had more room in there, I'd just move his cage (also known as "home base") in there for him.
Every day when I open his cage door he beelines straight back there :dunno: And it's a pretty long trip, his cage is at the opposte end of the house. I guess it's just the call of the wild :p

My aunt and uncle used to keep a lovely little grey and white female bun and she had free run of the house; this was after the dog and cat died, of course, so there was nobody to challenge her supremacy. She died last year (I think she was eight, or thereabouts) or I'd sneak in and steal her and see what she thought of my tanks!

On a side, but not entirely dissimilar, note, Dakarai (my male Maltese) has finally decided he's a fish fan as well; Kaija always loved to watch my male bettas (last night she sampled the girls' water while I was transferring them!) but Dakarai never cared much for them. Yesterday, though, I had him into Pets Unlimited, and they have lovely floor to ceiling tanks in their fishroom; all dimly lit and cozy. We wandered through for a while, and he loved that they were at eye level for him! He stopped in front of each one and watched the fish, and finally he picked a tank, plopped his butt down in front of it and looked up at me and I wanted so badly to believe he was asking to take some home . . . :rolleyes:

Of course then he saw the piggie and decided he wanted something softer instead, but I had him for a while, I really did :hey:

:lol: :rofl: :lol:
That's too funny! I think the eye level is why Rah likes the fishroom so much. My dog doesn't pay much attention. Some times I catch her wagging her tail at a betta as the fish flares at her, that's pretty cute, but she's usually just passing through the fishroom to see where I am. It's the midas, who she can get eye level with when she sits on the couch, that she is obsessed wth. I don't know if it's a good obsession though, I think there is little love between them since they both tend to be a bit jealous :rolleyes:

I do enjoy Rabbie in the fishroom with me though, no matter how much I complain. He cracks me up every night as he does figure 8's around my feet while I do water changes :rolleyes: Such a nutter.

rotfl I can just imagine that . . . a sort of grim "I'm going to get you" on both sides :rolleyes: Kaija used to hop up on the couch so she could watch my boys showing off, but Dakarai's policy has always been to ignore them. Yesterday, though, if he'd had his way I'd be three cories and a piggie richer!

The thought of Rabbie tracing out your ankles as you change the water has got me just dying, here . . . it's got to be even cuter than the look of complete horror on Kaija's face when she tasted that treated water :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back