Wild Simplex spawn attempt take 2

wuvmybetta

Caw!!
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Ok, I'm trying again with my simplex, I've been feeding them less and hoping they're randy :S

Last time I did a clean tank, with no filtration.And I honestly got a "I'd rather be in a cup of mud" vibe from him, so this time we have a small filter, some driftwood and a coconut fiber substrate.

My PH started at 7.6 and overnight, after setting up the tank, it dropped to 6.2. So I'm going to watch that over the course of the evening and add the fish hopefully tonight. Possibly tomorrow.

Here's the tank, set up last night...
1ss2.jpg

After some filtration (and I scooped the floating fiber out)
1ss.jpg

1ss3.jpg

This is just crazy enough to work....I hope it does.

Maybe you should play some barry white in the back ground for them...

You're my million dollar baby
My pretty sexy lady... oh
Oh what a night for dancing...
Oh what a night for.... romancing

:lol:

cool kelly sounds good, but i think 6.2 may be alittle too high?i thought simplex liked a more alkaline water hmm .

good luck!

good luck with your fish and i hope they *perform* for you.

:cool: :cool: :cool: I'm trying giants and wild Banpeaw.....both have nests...so everything crossed........... good luck nice setup :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It has a lovely coffee-like look to it, doesn't it? Almost good enough to drink :lol: I hope that all goes well- you're certainly sweating enough over it for them to feel they owe you something! *shakes finger warningly at the would-be parents* :sly:

slamster17 said:
cool kelly sounds good, but i think 6.2 may be alittle too high?i thought simplex liked a more alkaline water hmm .

good luck!
[snapback]848478[/snapback]​
Do you mean too low? -_-
Alkaline would be higher, last spawn attempt was in 7.4 and I got nada.. :/
SRC ~ :lol: I'll try anything!
Thanks for the well wishes, folks. I'm a bit nervous but we shall see (and watch closely)

every one seems like they are breeding but me...i might buy a delta male an female an try to breed them. i jus dont want them from the same spawn i think fish that arnt so imbred are smarter an have more personality.

Please don't breed just "because everyone else is doing it". Please.

Good louck Kelly. :lol: *sends Kelly cd*

heh yea i get the ph high low thing confused sometimes. hmm i guess its worth a try. good luck!
cant wait to here what happens :D

Got my fingers crossed for you Wuv!! :thumbs: And if they're successful this time, and you find yourself needing to rehome some babies, let me know, I'll gladly take a pair or two off your hands. Been trying to get some reasonably priced simplex since the fall....... :whistle: ;)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back