Wild Fever Continues!

MAM

Mamalammadingdong
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
I'm very excited, my newest set of wild bettas have arrived, a trio of B. pugnax.
For those of you scratching your heads thinking "Betta pugnax? Huh?" you can read about them here:
http://www.ibc-smp.org/species/pugnax.html

They are all looking very drab and stress out right now from the trip, but will post some shots later after they've had a chance to settle in. :D :hyper: :kana:

Ohhh how exciting!!! A store near me just got in some pugnax but I'm not sure if I should get some or not. I'd love to one day have all the wild bettas I can get my hands on :hyper:

Yes be sure to take some pics once they have settled in..I'd love to see real pics of them :D

slamster17 said:
awesome mam congrats.
did you get them from gerald?
[snapback]923654[/snapback]​

Yes, his last four (one didn't surive the trip). He emailed me to tell me two of the males were holding when he packed them, doubt they are still, but will check after I get them home.

There georgous almost wan't to keep betta's myself. :cool:

The betta forum will do that to ya, Wilder :lol:

Congrats,MAM. I hear they breed like rabbits :hey: A friend of mine took four pair out of his growout for show a few weeks back, and just a day or two later when it came time to pack up and head off to show the males were all holding :lol: They get huuge, what are you keeping them in?

They're huge already!! :lol: All three look to be around 3 inches or so. For now, they're going to hang out in a 20 gal. I hope they DO breed like rabbits. The falx I have seem to be a bit young still, little interest in breeding, and I'm just dying to see some mouthbrooding in person.

Even at 3",they should still grow some more. You'll probably have fry in no time :hey:
Just the other night I put my wild caught kapuas in with the new one's I got a few weeks back. I'm hoping to see some of that mouthbrooding action here, too :drool:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back