Wild Corn Snake

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

kribensis12

I know where you live
Reaction score
Well, we were in Buda, Illinois going to a Family Reunion in Walnut , Illinois. We stopped at a old cemetary ( started in the 1600's, and stop burying in the 60's) where we had relatives buried there. Well, my mom is DEADLY afraid of snakes, and saw this little guy:
006-6.jpg

005-5.jpg

She screamed and jumped on a tall old tombstone and tried to have me and my brother carry her to our car.We dropped her, and she ran to the car and lock the doors. Just to make sure he didnt get hurt, i picked him up and put him in the corn field next to the old cemetary! Thought i would share this with you guys!

lol, nope he didnt. My little brother threw it at him. He kept trying to bite me. So i put my shoe in front of him and he kept striking at it. You can see int he pic his neck is already in the " S" position, so he was ready to strike again.

Nice I love snakes! We found one in our basement once, it wasn't a wild one. It was albino and I'm guessing it was someones pet. We run a Daycare and one of the older kids was complaining that there was a snake in front of the bathroom door and she couldn't get in :lol: . My mom went to see what the problem was......we have lots of toy snakes...... so when she saw it she thought it was a toy. She went to pick it up and got the surprise of her life :lol: . We tried to find its owner, but it escaped from us a couple days later.

lol krib12, why did ur mum lock the doors? did she think the snake could open them?? lol lol

My mom was like that with snakes, but instead of running she'd panic, freeze and scream. While I'd stand there and laugh my butt off. :lol:

Hey there,

Cute pic, he's more than likely a grey ratsnake, Pantherophis obsoletus spiloides, but the size is hard to tell so he still be a juvenile black ratsnake :good:

Lotte*

Cute pic, he's more than likely a grey ratsnake, Pantherophis obsoletus spiloides, but the size is hard to tell so he still be a juvenile black ratsnake :good:

hmm... his head looks very corn-shaped, though.

but yes, its rather unusual for an anery corn to be in the wild, no?

Very unusual.

Grey and black rats are commonly found throughout Illinois. Cornsnakes are ratsnakes and therefore will have similar headshapes.
You just arent that likely to see a corn S up and strike while a grey or black will readily ;)

The darker band between the eyes is the giveaway anyway ;)
Lotte*

it does look more like a ratsanke by its coloring possibly a fox snake? do they live there?

Well, it looked like the corn snakes my friend has, it is the appropiate size, has similar banding of the corn snake, its tail was a lite yellow color ( iassumed thats why they called it "Corn Snake", so im not sure. But my dad said it looked like the corn snakes they found on there farm when he was little all the time, plus it was right next to a corn field, and he dosent look like he could handle a rat!

Most reactions

Back