Wild caught betta pics

wuvmybetta

Caw!!
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Ok here are my precious little gems. My wild caught simplex that were given to me by the IBC SMP, I'm their designated 'caregiver' and 'breeder', then I pass on the beebee's to other's in the SMP and hobbyist.The smaragdina are 'mine all mine' though :p

Female simplex..
1simplex.jpg

The male :wub: Whom I ADORE! He was kinda rocky when I first brought him home and I was worried sick that he wasn't going to do well, he wouldn't eat or anything but NOW he's totally different. Him loves himself some springtails...yes him does, oh yes him does...ooops, sorry!
1simplex4.jpg

1simplex2.jpg

Checking each other out from a distance...

1simplex5.jpg

Ok, on to my smaragdina. I wish the male would have displayed but he was too busy wondering if I had more food :rolleyes:
1smaragdina4.jpg

Again..
1smaragdina2.jpg

Girly :wub:
1smaragdina.jpg

1smaragdina3.jpg

I also bought one of those wild caught splenden plakats but he was being less than cooperative today. And my wild caught kapuas male just hates the camera or I would have posted ALL of my wilds. Oh well. :rolleyes:

EDIT~ I have a problem with vowels today :whistle:

Hmmmm, Texas is closer than Jersey, maybe I'll just hop a flight and come steal your simplex instead Wuv. I'll have to post my wilds when they arrive, join the competition. Looking nice though. Are you an official breeder for the SMP now?

very nice i know what you mean about the smaragdina males always displaying untill the cameras around.............. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

dagnabbit i had copied it so i would get disconnect and now i had to restart and i forget what i said:(
well yours do look alot cleaner and smaller then mine dunno y :dunno:
very nice pics and pretty smar's:)

what are springtails?

slamster17 said:
dagnabbit i had copied it so i would get disconnect and now i had to restart and i forget what i said:(
well yours do look alot cleaner and smaller then mine dunno y :dunno:
very nice pics and pretty smar's:)

what are springtails?
The forum did that to me too! It froze up for a few minutes :huh: Didn't I give you a springtail culture? :eek: I should have, if I didn't!
They're a small flightless worm that hops along the water surface, very awesome and great for fry that are around 4 weeks old, after they start breaking the water surface with their little mouths. But they're big enough for adults to enjoy too. The wilds LOOOOVE them because it's more natural to feed from the surface. Also, since they bounce along the surface, they live for days, if they last that long :p ...which they don't. Lemme know if you want a culture, you just grow them the same way as worms -in dirt.

Thank you, bettaman :wub:

EDIT again~ darn A's & E's!!!!

They were imported for the Texas Betta Society show a couple of weeks ago :)

ooo aaa hey when is the next betta show?? cause i wanna go so bad and im upset that i missed the one a few weeks ago :-(

Thanks, Joby :wub:

Daudy, I can't say an exact date for sure but we are planning on hosting a Fall show, so soon enough :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back