Wiggly Things....

amyw2008

Fishaholic
Joined
Jul 7, 2009
Messages
531
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Bristol
i have a bucket outside full of tank water that i changed about a month ago and today there are loads of tiny wiggly things in there....
Could i feed them to my oscars and angel fish?
They look like little swimming worms which are less than half a centimetre long
 
they might be flatworms i found them on my plants if you cut down on feeding then you might get rid of them but they might b eok to feed to other fish but then they may start breeding in another tnak which you dont want
 
I dont have any in the tank, they have just grown in a bucket of tank water that has been in he garden for about 3 or 4 weeks.
Just wondering if I could fish them out and feed them to my fish
 
Cool.... Looks like the fish are in for a treat today then!
There are about 6 billion of them so I may leave the bucket out there so I have a contant supply of food :)
 
if you do that you will also have a constant supply of mosquitos :(
 
Cool.... Looks like the fish are in for a treat today then!
There are about 6 billion of them so I may leave the bucket out there so I have a contant supply of food :)
I don't think it works like that. They are seasonal as far as I know.
 
:( looks like I cant win.....
Might get them out and sell them lol
You won't get much for them :lol: Get a bucket, fill it with water and leav it outside in summer and there is pretty much a 100% chance of mosquito larvae.

I have a bucket full of water cress, sweet flag and mosquito larvae. It's like a very small pond.
 
I wont really sell them.... they are probably a pain in the backside to most people!
Will guppies eat them?
 
Pretty much any fish will eat them, including guppies. I just scoop mine out with a net and reverse the net in the aquarium.
 
Cool.... Looks like the fish are in for a treat today then!
There are about 6 billion of them so I may leave the bucket out there so I have a contant supply of food :)
I don't think it works like that. They are seasonal as far as I know.
mosquitoes are seasonal...and prolific. thats why there are "billions" (i know that is an overstatement) of them in the bucket atm....they soon will hatch (life cycle varies by species of mosquito but most are withing a week) and then there are adult mosquitoes flying around and biting you. then those mosquitoes lay eggs in any standing water around (birdbaths, old tires, buckets in gardens) and they turn into larvae, (repeat cycle).
they are a great treat for fish if you have them, but propagating colonies of them leads to LOTS of mosquitoes in the summertime.
id scoop as many as i could out. find a little container and freeze them (even in an icecube tray)...then you will have frozen "live" food. when done scooping as many as you can out of the bucket. tip it over as to not keep breeding more mosquitoes.
fun treat for your fish tho!!!!!!!!
cheers
 
Cool.... Looks like the fish are in for a treat today then!
There are about 6 billion of them so I may leave the bucket out there so I have a contant supply of food :)
I don't think it works like that. They are seasonal as far as I know.
mosquitoes are seasonal...and prolific. thats why there are "billions" (i know that is an overstatement) of them in the bucket atm....they soon will hatch (life cycle varies by species of mosquito but most are withing a week) and then there are adult mosquitoes flying around and biting you. then those mosquitoes lay eggs in any standing water around (birdbaths, old tires, buckets in gardens) and they turn into larvae, (repeat cycle).
they are a great treat for fish if you have them, but propagating colonies of them leads to LOTS of mosquitoes in the summertime.
id scoop as many as i could out. find a little container and freeze them (even in an icecube tray)...then you will have frozen "live" food. when done scooping as many as you can out of the bucket. tip it over as to not keep breeding more mosquitoes.
fun treat for your fish tho!!!!!!!!
cheers
Ohhh :) I havnt even seen a mozzie around here recently but there must b some.... the ones that sneak up on you, have a munch and vanish :(
I will get myself an icecube tray (or 3) and freeze a few which I can then defrost before feeding time!
 
Cool.... Looks like the fish are in for a treat today then!
There are about 6 billion of them so I may leave the bucket out there so I have a contant supply of food :)
I don't think it works like that. They are seasonal as far as I know.
mosquitoes are seasonal...and prolific. thats why there are "billions" (i know that is an overstatement) of them in the bucket atm....they soon will hatch (life cycle varies by species of mosquito but most are withing a week) and then there are adult mosquitoes flying around and biting you. then those mosquitoes lay eggs in any standing water around (birdbaths, old tires, buckets in gardens) and they turn into larvae, (repeat cycle).
they are a great treat for fish if you have them, but propagating colonies of them leads to LOTS of mosquitoes in the summertime.
id scoop as many as i could out. find a little container and freeze them (even in an icecube tray)...then you will have frozen "live" food. when done scooping as many as you can out of the bucket. tip it over as to not keep breeding more mosquitoes.
fun treat for your fish tho!!!!!!!!
cheers
Ohhh :) I havnt even seen a mozzie around here recently but there must b some.... the ones that sneak up on you, have a munch and vanish :(
I will get myself an icecube tray (or 3) and freeze a few which I can then defrost before feeding time!
Drop a cube in a cup of tank water, wait 15 minutes, then pour it in. That's the best way in my opinion.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top