Wife's African Clawed Frog Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Aquascaper

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
Just finished cleaning the tank, washing sand and connecting up the external, now just waiting for the large piece of wood to sink and the silk plants to arrive on Tuesday and she'll be all set the add her froggies :)
20120930_212629-1.jpg

so what is your question?

but that tank looks good, it will look even better when the plants arrive

The section is called 'Your New Freshwater Tank' and this is my wife's new freshwater tank.....doesn't mention there has to be a question.

:unsure: Will the tank be cycled by then?!

Nice way to do it! Rather you than me with the frogs though! They make me feel sick :lol:

Had an elderly gentleman customer when I worked at a previous shop who had been bringing in his three clawed frogs once a year for a few weeks for the last 25 years! One of the frogs was 29 years old! The others were 25 and 26!

The customer was great! In his 80s and off on holiday to a different country each year! Places like Nepal, India, Egypt, Seychelles (sp) he was all over the place. But he would bring the frogs in in a cool bag with a sopping wet towel and I would have to pick each one up and juggle it into a tank above my head height! Number of times i got those frogs in my face :sick: slimey squirmy beggers!

Funny the way they shovel the food into their mouths though!

Wife saw them on you tube when researching the dwarf frogs for the kids tank and fell in love.....not my cup of tea though but it keeps her happy and means I get my marine tank :)

Wife saw them on you tube when researching the dwarf frogs for the kids tank and fell in love.....not my cup of tea though but it keeps her happy and means I get my marine tank :)
the compromise of a happy marriage ;)

I have a strange feeling it will be me that ends up maintaining it though. She started cleaning it (an ex marine tank) but soon got distracted by coffee and watching the kids tank so I ended up doing the majority of the work, painted the back, installed the external filter, rebuilt the worktop to support it, etc. To be fair she rinsed three buckets of sand but left it to me to put it in along with the wood, etc.

I think she's playing on the fact I like setting up tanks :/

haha, us women just know when our husbands are better at doing things than us you see... and you'd only have had to redo it if she had done it wrong :)

True, it may not be my tank but I have to look at it :)

It was bad enough doing the kids Spongebob tank (at least it has sand and not coloured gravel)!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back