Why Won't My Guppy Become Pregnant?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Olivia 22

Reaction score
Hi,
I have two male guppies and one female guppy. I used to have three females but the recently died. I know that it is best to have more females so I will get more ASAP. Anyway, they are in a 55 gallon tank and I cannot get them to breed. I am not sure if my female guppy is pregnant or not, she looks bigger but I can't find a gravid spot. Any tips on making sure she is pregnant, or getting them to breed. (This is my first time breeding.) I have a breeder's net that I could use if nessisary but I really don't want to have to buy anything speacial (like food etc.) Plus, if anyone has succesfully bred a Platy/Guppy I would like to know because I would like to try that as well. And while I'm posting, I've heard about putting salt in my freshwater aquarium. Aren't these freshwater fish, why would I need salt????

Thanks for any answers.

The picture of her is my profile picture, sorry it's so small and blurry, was the best I could get...

Hi,
I have two male guppies and one female guppy. I used to have three females but the recently died. I know that it is best to have more females so I will get more ASAP. Anyway, they are in a 55 gallon tank and I cannot get them to breed. I am not sure if my female guppy is pregnant or not, she looks bigger but I can't find a gravid spot. Any tips on making sure she is pregnant, or getting them to breed. (This is my first time breeding.) I have a breeder's net that I could use if nessisary but I really don't want to have to buy anything speacial (like food etc.) Plus, if anyone has succesfully bred a Platy/Guppy I would like to know because I would like to try that as well. And while I'm posting, I've heard about putting salt in my freshwater aquarium. Aren't these freshwater fish, why would I need salt????

Thanks for any answers.

The picture of her is my profile picture, sorry it's so small and blurry, was the best I could get...

try 5 females and 2 males. see if that works.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back