Why has my male Betta got a bloated stomach?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Cardinal Tetra246

Reaction score
Hi I wanted to know why has my betta got a pale white bloated stomach. I recently stated feeding my betta with Fluval bug bites tropical flakes Iā€™m not sure if this has something to do with it? What should I do with my male Betta fish? My fish tank is 90l test results taken from API freshwater master test kit
PH: 6.8-7.0 it was 6.5 a while ago.
Ammonia: 0ppm possibly 0.05 but couldnā€™t tell
Nitrite:0ppm
Nitrate: 10ppm

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 58
His scales are raised which is why it looks as if he has a white stomach. This is a symptom of dropsy, signifying his internal organs shutting down. From the picture you've included, he looks to be a seriously bad way. Sorry to say that the kindest thing you could do now is to euthanize him.

His scales are raised which is why it looks as if he has a white stomach. This is a symptom of dropsy, signifying his internal organs shutting down. From the picture you've included, he looks to be a seriously bad way. Sorry to say that the kindest thing you could do now is to euthanize him.
Ok how should I do it?

Hi I wanted to know why has my betta got a pale white bloated stomach. I recently stated feeding my betta with Fluval bug bites tropical flakes Iā€™m not sure if this has something to do with it? What should I do with my male Betta fish? My fish tank is 90l test results taken from API freshwater master test kit
PH: 6.8-7.0 it was 6.5 a while ago.
Ammonia: 0ppm possibly 0.05 but couldnā€™t tell
Nitrite:0ppm
Nitrate: 10ppm
Iā€™m sorry to say I euthanised my Male Betta RIP.

Thank you so much for your sad but helpful advice.

2 years is good for bettas these days. Most people struggle to get them passed the year mark, I've had the same trouble with ones I've purchased from pet shops
Thanks thatā€™s good to know. I felt pretty terrible like I hadnā€™t done a very good job. Thanks though.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back