Whos Gunna Be The First One To Tell This Breeder Off?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.

modaz

Getting old, but nowhere near knackered, i just lo
Reaction score
ebay uk 180348755966. cant believe my eyes, just read all of it and tell me whats wrong.

and if your on here breeder, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Well, I'm no expert but they are far too young to be going anywhere yet. By my odds they are what, 5 weeks at the most? They have another 8 weeks yet before they can be considered fit for sale? I am so tempted to contact the seller on this point. I also doubt very much that anyone will be able to house a 'job lot' of 10 bettas, and I'll bet that they will be bagged together for shipping too. Grrrr, I'll send them an email, and post it and any reply on here for the benefit of the forum.

Well, I'm no expert but they are far too young to be going anywhere yet. By my odds they are what, 5 weeks at the most? They have another 8 weeks yet before they can be considered fit for sale? I am so tempted to contact the seller on this point. I also doubt very much that anyone will be able to house a 'job lot' of 10 bettas, and I'll bet that they will be bagged together for shipping too. Grrrr, I'll send them an email, and post it and any reply on here for the benefit of the forum.
they should be no younger than 3 months as they wont survive, watch this space..............

This is a copy of the exact message I sent on eBay. I couldn't say all I wanted (which would have been damned near an essay) as the eBay messaging system only allows 1000 character messages:-

Dear cybrowny,

Hello,
I am no expert on bettas but I do know something. Those fry are far too young to be shipped yet. They are at the most 5 weeks old, and they need to be 3 months/13 weeks to even be considered fit for sale.
Since you have successfully raised these fry, I assume you have some idea of what you are doing. You don't want these fry to arrive DOA do you? That is precisely what will happen if you send them now, disappointing their new owner, yourself, and not to mention the poor fish that have barely had a chance in life.
Please do not sell these fish yet. They will die for certain. And if you do insist on selling them, please take the trouble to bag each fry seperateyl, to give them the most likely chance they can get, which will still be small.
My email address is [email protected] and I wuld appreciate discussing this further with you away from eBay, where I can type with more than 1000 characters.
PLEASE withdraw your auction,
Thankyou

- devorax

I'll see what response I get, if any. Anyone else feel free to do as I did, maybe he will change his mind. Here's hoping.

There is nowhere this thread can go except spiraling out of control. A touchy situation that will, no doubt, give people something to get angry about. TFF really doesn't need to be involved in a war with an eBay seller, so with that said, I'm going to lock this now. You're free to email the seller, or talk about it in PM, but there is no need to do it on the public boards.

However, I do agree that the fish are too young, imo. But I can't say that they will absolutely die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back