Whoaaa....

OohFeeshy

It's only forever; not long at all...
Reaction score
Slightly off topic, but I went to Maidenhead aquatics (by mistake, actually), and they had...

A giant gourami.

At least I'm pretty sure it was.

It was absolutely massive. I'd say over a foot long. I never knew you could get gouramis that big. Or am I just delusional?

No, i went to a new fish shop during the last week and they had one giant gourami on display not to be sold. It was educational! Massive, arent they? Extreme from the baby choc gouramis we have who are a teeny tiny 3.5 cm's at the moment. Cute to Extremely big! :p

i quite often go to wyevale garden centre in Winsford.

They have a tropical and marine department and they also keep a "Not for Sale" Giant Gourami, about a foot long, in with a couple of foot long plecs and another catfish species (not sure what though :*) )

Gorgeous thing. Everytime I go in there I have to stop and stare at the tank for about ten minutes!! :hyper:

EDIT: Scientific name....Osphronemus Goramy (got this from sylvia's signature!!)

steve

i wish i could see it!ive never seen one before my LFS has permenant pacus and arawanas and huge rays but not them! :X

OohFeeshy said:
Slightly off topic, but I went to Maidenhead aquatics (by mistake, actually), and they had...

A giant gourami.

At least I'm pretty sure it was.

It was absolutely massive. I'd say over a foot long. I never knew you could get gouramis that big. Or am I just delusional?
I've seen them at 2' :p At a zoo though, not many people can house these huge anabantoids :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back