Who Remembers?

Soaup

Fish Addict
Joined
Jul 24, 2005
Messages
879
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Bronx, NY
The post about all the tropical fish whom are some how not only surviving but are thriving in a heated spring in an unknown location. The post must be around 2 years old and i have not seen it for about a year. I cant find it if anyone remembers or knows of its location that would be greatly appreciated.
 
The post about all the tropical fish whom are some how not only surviving but are thriving in a heated spring in an unknown location. The post must be around 2 years old and i have not seen it for about a year. I cant find it if anyone remembers or knows of its location that would be greatly appreciated.


I did a search for it.

Bonneville SeaBase–Utah’s tropical sea, Where some saltwater fish are liveing they even have some sharks.

In my search it sounds like it is not uncommon for tropical fish to be able to live where hot springs come into pools of water.
 
WOW just read through that thats pretty cool what a place wish there some where like that near, The thread seemed like a children s story about a mysterious old man and a secret pond lol awesome place though
 
Hey, that's right near where i live! I have heard about it, but never been. Apparently they do scuba and snorkling with the fish. I'll have to check it out!
[/quote]


Now that i've read the entire thread, the pond that kid was referring to was NOT Bonneville Sea Base. Bonneville Sea Base is a salt water pond heated w/natural hot springs and is privately owned, not located on BLM land. However, from the photos he posted and some of the info he provided, i wouldn't be surprised if the pond was somewhere in Utah. If i were him i wouldn't give the exact location, though i'd love to have it myself!!
 
I'm going to assume you simply quoted the wrong person. But for clarity, Victoria, Australia is not located in or near Utah.
 
So I say the photos of this magical fish pound. Looks like Utah or many CO or Wyoming. I don't think it is NV or AZ. Did the person ever tell what state it was? There is a resort called mystic hot springs in Utah that has a tropical fish pound with aferican cichlids, mollies, koi, and guppies.

So I would bet money this spring the person was talking about is in Utah.
 
Sorry i havent been on to respond. Yeah the Heaven on Earth thread is the one i was talking about. No the person did not ever give up the location of the spring. Apparently there was a petstore there is i recall correctly and the fish somehow found there way into the spring maybe via fire or whatnot? I wish i could find the location, that would be amazing place to visit. Unfortunately and i have to agree with the thread's author that if the location was given up then there would be many people flocking to it and it would undoubtably cleared out and the beauty of the location would be lost.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top