We are not born just so we can die
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
These guys come out of my house gutter every night through summer
wub.png
I know summer is here when my resident frogs start turning up all the time
yes.gif

P1080750.jpg

Every time I think of OZ I think of Huntsmen spiders.

Yep, we have some huge ones, but my green gargoyles are very good spider eaters
wink.png
biggrin.png

They are fantastic! :D

It's the idea of trapdoors that get me!

Awe trapdoors are cool, and so much fun to tease
innocent.gif
. About the only spider that really gives me the heeby jeebies are funnel webs and mouse spiders. Nasty toxic little brutes (but not to cats and dogs, strangely only deadly to insects, day old pinkie mice and primates) that happily roam into homes. Even red backs I am not overly concerned about, but when I find them I do tend to give them the ole flame thrower treatment.
I like scorpians and love how they glow under UV light, one of these days I plan to get a pet one.
But centerpedes I can't consider keeping after I got chased by a huge one as a kid, dad had to kill it with a shovel
crazy.gif

Awe trapdoors are cool, and so much fun to tease
innocent.gif
. About the only spider that really gives me the heeby jeebies are funnel webs and mouse spiders. Nasty toxic little brutes (but not to cats and dogs, strangely only deadly to insects, day old pinkie mice and primates) that happily roam into homes. Even red backs I am not overly concerned about, but when I find them I do tend to give them the ole flame thrower treatment.
I like scorpians and love how they glow under UV light, one of these days I plan to get a pet one.
But centerpedes I can't consider keeping after I got chased by a huge one as a kid, dad had to kill it with a shovel
crazy.gif

Yeh never tick off a centipede. Most of my life I have never ran into a trap door or funnel web. Only saw one red back and had a bird spider in my house which was promptly removed and everyone has had a visit from a huntsman. You should see everyone dance the wha toosie when a huntsman scuttles across the floor.
Getting back to those gargoyles ........they look wonderful. Its like a frog meeting and they've all congregated to discuss whats on the agenda for the night.

I know what is on the agenda, the same as every night, how to break into my mealworm farm thats on the back patio
laugh.png
I was outside yesterday evening and caught some commotion out of the corner of my eye in one of my plants. I went over for a closer look and it was a smallish green tree frog spread eagled over a few flimsy branches of a shrub who had just caught himself a huge locust and was trying to jam the prize in his mouth without eating half the branch and not loose his precarious grip.

Hahaha once the word is out they come from all over the place. At least you have a lot of frogs. I only get the odd one and a loner that sleeps on my bbq hood.
You want to see gargoyles? come and look in my dog bowl in the night time. I counted 6 ugly toads sitting in it, all eating the dog food. Yuk what a sight..

I think one of the reasons I have so many frogs is that we don't use chemicals all over the yard only a bit of roundup or the odd spray of a paper wasp nest. But also fairly regularly we do cane toad patrols around the yard, just before bin day. By limiting the number of cane toads I am helping the frogs fight for their rightful niche in the yard and they are able to get a decent feed.

I think one of the reasons I have so many frogs is that we don't use chemicals all over the yard only a bit of roundup or the odd spray of a paper wasp nest. But also fairly regularly we do cane toad patrols around the yard, just before bin day. By limiting the number of cane toads I am helping the frogs fight for their rightful niche in the yard and they are able to get a decent feed.

Yeh I'm going to have to do another cull of toads. I put my toads in the freezer, in a garbage bag of course. Then I put them out the next day for the rubbish man.

Cane toad roundup a game the whole family can play
biggrin.png

Thor rounds up the cane toads all the time, silly boy comes back all high and foaming at the mouth, he's lucky tho it kills some dogs.
I put a bag of toads in the freezer once at my parents house.....never heard the end of it, it wasn't as if they where going to hop all though the freezen meat.

Thor rounds up the cane toads all the time, silly boy comes back all high and foaming at the mouth, he's lucky tho it kills some dogs.
I put a bag of toads in the freezer once at my parents house.....never heard the end of it, it wasn't as if they where going to hop all though the freezen meat.

Hahaha yeh when I told people that I did that they all had this picture in their heads of opening the freezer door and watching all these toads hopping around .Pull out a piece of frozsen meat and there's a toad stuck to it hahahaha

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back