Who Likes Indian Food?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

markandhisfish

comfortably numb
Reaction score
i do , in fact i love it . just polished off chicken tikka vindaloo with rice , bombay potato , aloo govi ( potato and cauliflour) and popadoms with mango chutney.. and my god im stuffed!!

Love it!

Never had a chicken tikka vindaloo though. Chicken chilli massala is a personal favourite.

Chicken tikka dansak, Chana pilau rice, Mushroom saag, Peshwari naan now that is a dinner to die for. I have that every friday night after a long week at work. All washed down with a cold beer :good: :good: :good: :good:
Cant do a vindaloo gives me bum burn :lol:

Love it!

Never had a chicken tikka vindaloo though. Chicken chilli massala is a personal favourite.

mmmmm had that last week . gotta love those little green chillies . dansak i agree is fantastic too . also a big fan of jalfrezi.

ha! had to respond to this thread, i'm sat eating a chicken tikka Jalfrezi! Favourite has to be butter chicken :drool:

Lamb Bhuna, Pilau rice, bhaji and plain naan. <<<that there would be my meal of choice over eveything in the world!

nevr tried bhuna . love byriani tho . right quick pepsi challenge. naan bread or japhati? i like both but i usually go for a japhati. if i have naan bread its usually garlic naan

I usually go for the hottest curry. Vindaloo is a personal fave but had a Phaal once and it nearly killed me.

Poppadoms, chutney, onions/Chicken Vindaloo/pilau rice/Plain Naan. Perfect.

If I go for a curry with mates and someone orders a 'girls curry' (ie Korma) they always get ripped to shreds for it :D

never actually had phal as a curry , but ordered a pot of phal sauce with my curry once and had it over chips the next day. was a bit feisty to say the least .

Chicken Tikka is all I eat. But I must try Vindaloo , sounds hot! :hey:

i know i'm going to sound a bit wet, but i don't see the point in Phal's, i had a taste of one once and then couldn't taste anything for a week!

Chicken Jhal Fry with extra hot & a garlic naan :) YUM!

By the way... thanks for reminding me of nice food while im on my diet :p

i know i'm going to sound a bit wet, but i don't see the point in Phal's, i had a taste of one once and then couldn't taste anything for a week!

yeah they are a bit evil , but ive got an asbestos lined mouth lol. for me the hotter the better . but hey no point eating something if you dont enjoy it . altho you do need copious amounts of cold lager on standby.

reminds me of this chilli paste ive got called hotter than hell . its made with infinity chillies with added chilli oils and seeds etc for good measure. it makes phal sauce look like a korma!!! needless to say it doesnt come out very often and when it does its used very sparingly . and when you taste it ................ if you think it hurts your mouth........ well i think you get where im going with this :lol:

<<<<< Lamb Tikka Bhuna, Keema Pilau Rice and a Keema Naan with a bit of sag aloo on the side.

nom nom nom.

I love Indian, I especially like the million variants on one dish that makes it a minefield when ordering in another country. In Da Nang,Vietnam the Indian restaurant has a Chicken Tikka massala that is hotter then their Chicken Vindaloo and the madras is more like a korma then the mid level spicy dish you would get in the UK. Bombay aloo sadly only exists in the UK it is a combination of many different aloo dishes as fair as I can make out which has yet to take over the world.

If you guys are ever in Singapore you have to go to Sammy's it is the best Singaporean Indian (its different again from other Indian) food ever!! They cook a squid dish for so long it literally goes through from being over cooked and rubbery slowly down to when the proteins start breaking down and the squid becomes super soft again it is beautiful. Also try some Indonesian or Malaysian curries, Beef Biryiana is my personal favourite which is a creamy coconut based curry that is incredibly rich and the beef just melts in your mouth if you didn't know it was SE Asian you would swear it was Indian.

Youtube naga viper now that is a hot chilli!!!

Most reactions

Back