Who Is Worse?

mancin

Fishaholic
Joined
Dec 29, 2008
Messages
574
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
US
I have 4 fish tanks right now. I have a 29 and 55 Gallon up and running. I also have a 10 Gallon Quarantine, and a 55 Gallon currently fishless cyling. My bf keeps showing me new ads on craigslist for more tanks. I keep asking him where we are going to put them all. :lol: What's funny is I get all the grief from our friends, but I think he's worse than me! :hyper:
 
hahahahaa you should be happy that you BF is so enthused about fish and aquariums!!

lol your lucky to have a guy like that

my GF isnt too interested in fish, thinks its too much work

it can be but its worth it!!!

im not bad mouthing her or anything lol but i want to get her into the hobby :wub:

i love her and all, and i think it would be a great together moment, workin on our tank and watching the fish grow together lol

like parents and thier kids HAHA

im a loser
 
He's the one that got me the first tank, and I keep telling him 'Look at what you started!' Just when I think I'm getting bad, I don't feel so bad when he gets just as excited. ;)

I do think that it's good we are both interested in it. He keeps asking me when the 55 will be done cycling. Today is Day 3. :lol:
 
Oh I am def worse than my husband. He'd be more than thrilled if we only had 1 or 2 tanks.
He better be glad I don't drive b/c we'd have a lot more if it was only up to me :P heh
 
haha i would totaly get more tanks but i dont have enough money, and the fish i am interested in are expensive lol

if my gf was interested i would help take care of her fish

she has had fish in the past but it didnt work out too well lol

the "flying" betta

if you catch my drift :o
 
Oh I am def worse than my husband. He'd be more than thrilled if we only had 1 or 2 tanks.
He better be glad I don't drive b/c we'd have a lot more if it was only up to me :P heh

I want your 125 Gallon. :P

she has had fish in the past but it didnt work out too well lol

the "flying" betta

if you catch my drift :o

Oh no! I've had Bettas in the past. I had one that lived several years and my sister came to visit and said to me 'I can't believe that thing is still alive!' No joke, he died the next day. :(
 
Does enthusim count? I have more tanks then Scott, but I think he gets more excited. But on the other hand, everytime he puts hand to water, something catastrophic happens. Then I spend days and hours and $$$ fixing what he screwed up. lol.

Sooo...he has some cichlids, and I have the planted and marine tank. He might get a new planted for Xmas if he an keep his cichlids alive until then. (50 bucks says Ill be posting about how I now have planted, marine, AND cichlid tanks in....oh....3 months. lol)

Poor Scott, he tries real hard....it just goes south lol.
 
Does enthusim count? I have more tanks then Scott, but I think he gets more excited. But on the other hand, everytime he puts hand to water, something catastrophic happens. Then I spend days and hours and $$$ fixing what he screwed up. lol.

Sooo...he has some cichlids, and I have the planted and marine tank. He might get a new planted for Xmas if he an keep his cichlids alive until then. (50 bucks says Ill be posting about how I now have planted, marine, AND cichlid tanks in....oh....3 months. lol)

Poor Scott, he tries real hard....it just goes south lol.

Poor guy! :lol: What kind of Cichlids? I've developed quite a soft spot for those. They are beautiful. :wub:
 
Oh I am def worse than my husband. He'd be more than thrilled if we only had 1 or 2 tanks.
He better be glad I don't drive b/c we'd have a lot more if it was only up to me :P heh

I want your 125 Gallon. :P

she has had fish in the past but it didnt work out too well lol

the "flying" betta

if you catch my drift :o

Oh no! I've had Bettas in the past. I had one that lived several years and my sister came to visit and said to me 'I can't believe that thing is still alive!' No joke, he died the next day. :(


wow i didnt know bettas can live so long.. its sad seeing them in those tiny bowls in fish stores :(

thats so ironic that he dies just like that the next day!!! :rip:
 
Does enthusim count? I have more tanks then Scott, but I think he gets more excited. But on the other hand, everytime he puts hand to water, something catastrophic happens. Then I spend days and hours and $$$ fixing what he screwed up. lol.

Sooo...he has some cichlids, and I have the planted and marine tank. He might get a new planted for Xmas if he an keep his cichlids alive until then. (50 bucks says Ill be posting about how I now have planted, marine, AND cichlid tanks in....oh....3 months. lol)

Poor Scott, he tries real hard....it just goes south lol.

Poor guy! :lol: What kind of Cichlids? I've developed quite a soft spot for those. They are beautiful. :wub:


TBH, I got him a few out of a mixed tank, a few hybrids, no clue, but he liked them....so oh well. Theyre african, some are yellow labs, we'll know more about them when they mature a bit more...they are still less then 2 inches.
 
i have to admit its me , luckly my partner keeps my inline, otherwise she would come home and al the furniture would be outside so i could fit as many as i could in the house, but deep down so would she. :lol:
 
Well it all started because my husband said " hey a fish tank would look good there". I said don't get me stared well he did now I have the 36 gal a 55 gal 10 gal holding tank. I just got a free 47 gal tall. Well he thinks I'm crazy. Your lucky you he is into fish too. I try to get him into it. He just likes to look at them nothing more.

I hope my daughter likes fish because daddy can't say no to her ;)
 
You are so luck that your partner shares your hobby.

I'm the fish-a-holic here, he kind of glazes over when I start talking about them, & has become quickly bored of the LFS, he helps out when I ask, getting tanks & such, but he wont really get involved, which I think is a bit sad. Its why I spend so much time on here I guess, its nice to be around other enthusiastic fish keepers.
 
I am worse, my gf not into fish but she loves to watch my silver sharks. last month i had 4 tanks, i had a problem when putting new fish in my trigon 190 and said to my gf, "if i had a quaranteen tank this wouldn't have happened, can i set one up in the corner of the living room ? " she felt sorry for me and said yes. So i got one from ebay, and got a very strong metal frame table, and i thought i can be crafty and set the quaranteen tank up under the table on the floor and another one on top. So when she at work i set the quaranteen tank up and got my old 90L tank out the attic and set that up on top. When she got home she said i thought i only agreed on one tank, i said but its not taking up any extra room, pleeeeese can i keep it? :-( she said yes :hyper: The tanks are cycling now.
 
I have always been the secret nerd of my group of friends and only my closest friends actually know it. First it was computers which I have built 10+ and spent loads on, whilst my friends only use me as tech support and aren't very enthusiastic. Secondly was back into aquaria as I use to be a mod on a forums when I was 12-13 but dropped out of the hobby. My interest sparked again once my parents split up and I wanted something to do and take my mind off things but mum wouldn't let me so I delved into computers. Someone on a computer forum actually sparked my interest when they said that they had found a funfair goldfish on the back of a bus and it got my memory of my fish working again. My girlfriend hates it but that might be because she is very prissy in general and me putting a shrimp on her cheek to wake her up in the morning is apparently not a nice greeting. Its easy to change gf at my age though so I am not really bothered whether she likes it or not as long as she looks gorgeous and dotes on me all is fine :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top