Who Is Worse?

We are both as bad as each other. I will spend hours researching as I am very into the chemistry and genetics aspects of fish keeping (I have studied both at university and will admit to being a total geek, test tubes give me butterflies... ). The boy is a little overly enthusiatic when it comes to stocking and can't stand this fishless cycling malarky and he just wants to sit and watch fish all day. We both shout at each other when one mentions a tank we've seen on gumtree but secretly we have been looking at it too....
 
You are so luck that your partner shares your hobby.

I'm the fish-a-holic here, he kind of glazes over when I start talking about them, & has become quickly bored of the LFS, he helps out when I ask, getting tanks & such, but he wont really get involved, which I think is a bit sad. Its why I spend so much time on here I guess, its nice to be around other enthusiastic fish keepers.

haha, spot on - i'm in exactly the same position. shes ok i guess, she understands that i love it and never complains about the money or the time i spend on them but like you said she just glazes over when i mention them, last time i did a re-scape it was a complete change from a lightly planted sand substrate to the one you see below and she didn't even notice!!! After 30 minutes i had to say something and she said 'oh thats nice' - the end!!!!!!

I think she would be much more interested in marine fish, she wants one for 'the pretty colours' :rolleyes:


me putting a shrimp on her cheek to wake her up in the morning is apparently not a nice greeting. Its easy to change gf at my age though so I am not really bothered whether she likes it or not as long as she looks gorgeous and dotes on me all is fine

:rofl:
 
My girlfriend hates it but that might be because she is very prissy in general and me putting a shrimp on her cheek to wake her up in the morning is apparently not a nice greeting. Its easy to change gf at my age though so I am not really bothered whether she likes it or not as long as she looks gorgeous and dotes on me all is fine :)

lmao thats so funny :rofl: I see you have all of your priorities sorted right lol
 
I have to admit now I have tank again after many years :good: its my daughters honest
I amost convinced the other half that a 4 foot tank woud be cool in the dining room for my daughter as i found one as a bargain :lol:
however once she realised teh size she was "no F"£$in way " and thats the poite edited version

so i had to make do with a 60 lts however now its set up she is now saying its realy nice , so bigger tank soon if daughter keeps interest me thinks !!!!
 
My girlfriend hates it but that might be because she is very prissy in general and me putting a shrimp on her cheek to wake her up in the morning is apparently not a nice greeting. Its easy to change gf at my age though so I am not really bothered whether she likes it or not as long as she looks gorgeous and dotes on me all is fine :)

lmao thats so funny :rofl: I see you have all of your priorities sorted right lol

Indeed I do, my friends love me, I love me and anyone else can come or go I will be happy whatever.
 
I'm the worst,he is into fish too and helps with the cleaning,maintainance etc and he even buys some fish occasionally and he got himself a little 2 foot tank.

I now have 6 tanks in my livingroom all different sizes and keep trying to figure out where i could put more but with 4 kids there just isn't anymore room just now :(
 
when my ex calls around and theres a new tank, he goes mental ( not that its anything to do with him of course).. the best bit was about a year ago he walked into the kitchen as i was preparing my oscars a lovley meal of fresh prawns... hahahaha you should have heard him- u would have sworn id never fed him in the 17 yrs we were married :lol:
 
Yeah. Well, Im waayy worse than my gf. She doesnt really like fish. When she comes over to my house, she'll be like " thats a pretty one" and that's the end of it. I don't blame her. Fishkeeping isnt for everyone. At her house, her little brother has a goldfish tank, and that's it. I on the other hand have 2/30G's and 1 20g Flat Hexagon. SO, yeah, I'm definatley worse.
 
when my ex calls around and theres a new tank, he goes mental ( not that its anything to do with him of course).. the best bit was about a year ago he walked into the kitchen as i was preparing my oscars a lovley meal of fresh prawns... hahahaha you should have heard him- u would have sworn id never fed him in the 17 yrs we were married :lol:

:lol: I used to get that in a previous relationship, but it was about the dogs. :lol: "They eat better than we do!!!!!" is what he used to tell me. ;)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top