Who Has A Fish Tank Upstairs And What Size?

Smoothy

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Call me paranoid ... as this is the 2nd thread I've made about this subject :blush:

I've now got my 125L Fluval Roma set up upstairs in the bedroom but am a little worried about the weight :rolleyes:

It's spread across 2 beams and is also on the outside wall so I guess it's in the best possible place?

I know all houses are different but can people tell me if they have had/do have a tank similar size or better ... bigger :p with no problems?

Its only the same weight as a couple of adults, you wouldnt worry about them... Or a bath come to think of it. And Im sure my TV is heavier than that!

Its only the same weight as a couple of adults, you wouldnt worry about them... Or a bath come to think of it. And Im sure my TV is heavier than that!

I hear what you're saying but I've heard the floor where a bath is situated is reinforced for the weight?

I probably just worry too much :p but just want to hear that I'm being stupid and shouldn't worry ... but I guess I'd need a engineer in to tell me otherwise as Truck said :/

TV is there to stay. As is a bed. 125l is a relatively small tank, abs nothing to worry about.
do you know how much on average a 125 l tank weighs?

mine weighs 200kg (water 125) (tank 25) (cabinet 25) (substrate and rocks 25)

thats a lot!!!

i would never have put my tank upstairs if the structural engineer hadn't have been, he said the slightest water damage, wood worm etc can deem floor joists useless. and he only cost £30 to have out, cheaper than a new ceiling ;)

TV is there to stay. As is a bed. 125l is a relatively small tank, abs nothing to worry about.
do you know how much on average a 125 l tank weighs?

mine weighs 200kg (water 125) (tank 25) (cabinet 25) (substrate and rocks 25)

thats a lot!!!

i would never have put my tank upstairs if the structural engineer hadn't have been, he said the slightest water damage, wood worm etc can deem floor joists useless. and he only cost £30 to have out, cheaper than a new ceiling ;)

I think some helium baloons are in order :)

hi mate i have a rena aqualife 2meter tank in me rom and its fine house bout 100 year old too as long as it sits on as meny beams poss it will be fine

I've got a 180ltr 3 Foot tank upstairs in my room along with a wardrobe, 32" TV, Bed, Chest of Drawers, Big dvd shelf and a really heavy wardrobe if thats any help lol. saying that I don't have a clue wether my tanks on beams or what and it.s not near a solid wall :crazy: should I worry? lol

Most reactions

trending

Back