🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

loraxchick

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
SO here's the story...
around two months or so ago i purchased a few cories to add to my planted tank from what i call the "grab bag tank". there were several species all mixed up and i told the girl- just gimme two "not peppered" cories (i know about keeping groups but i have a mix in the tank an they all hang out anyway-and im not trying to breed so wanted a few different ones)....ANYWHO- i am having trouble sorting through the species and positively determining who i have here...just for my own curiosity...
there are a few pictures attached and any info would be terrific. i know i have a peppered which you will see in one of the photos, and i think ive narrowed down that the second one is a C. trilineatus (sold as julii-go figure), but who is the third one? the paler dude with the black "tip" to its dorsal...the trilineatus has kind of banding on its dorsal and this guy to me looks distinctly different, even in its head shape, and i have not seen his kind since.
so, all you cory experts please give me a hand. God knows ive tried, but there are just too many that look similar!
thanks in advance!!!
CHEERS
http://s662.photobucket.com/albums/uu348/loraxchick/

The one you think is C. trilineatus looks like C. sodalis to me. I'm not sure about the one you are asking about, unfortunately.

Cheers for that...i quick google-imaged a trilineatus and a sodalis for comparison and i think you are correct (unless there is yet ANOTHER spp. that looks similar). less riticulation in the face than a trilineatus-more mottled...and most of the tri. that i viewed had more pronounced black dorsal fin "spots" (almost) than the sodalis, which seemed to be more stripe-like on the dorsal.
so thanks again for that ...now to see who contestant #2 is :)
CHEERS!!!!!

Cory trilineatus, Cory leopardus and Corydoras julii look v.similar to each other.

Most common is the julii (one of which I suspect you have).

I'm no expert though TBH...

Andy

Cory trilineatus, Cory leopardus and Corydoras julii look v.similar to each other.

Most common is the julii (one of which I suspect you have).

I'm no expert though TBH...

Andy

i wish...most common is triliniatus, usually sold as julii

he is certainly not a julii..and i dont think trilineatus after an above post...more likely soldais as mentioned...im still wondering about the paler, less spotted/riticulated guy with the black spot (not bands) on his/her dorsal...hmmmmm

thanks again for the posts...id really like to know who i have
CHEERS

Most reactions

Back