Whitespot Help Please

Jodiem

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Jul 12, 2007
Messages
167
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
cambridgeshire
i saw that my platy had 2 white spots, so got the quarantine tank and put some whitespot medicine in then put the fish in but after a few hours the white spot has gone! has it dropped off and going to explode with loads or was it just a thing?

Thanks
Jodie
 
White spot has only a 3 day life cycle so if it's in the water you may not notice it at low levels, it's not till something goe's wrong like poor water quality and stress that it show's again.

So if it was then it will be in the other fish as well, just at low levels perhaps on the gill's and not causing and problems ATM.

So i would treat all the fish with protozin every 3 days for the next 12 days, and /or raising the temp slowly to 30F will also help to kill it.
 
I agree that Protozin is a good whitespot treatment, however it can't be used with some fish such as Elephant Noses, so check the bottle first.

If you do treat for whitespot, keep treating for 14 days after the last spot disappears.

However, if the spots disappeared after a couple of hours, i'd suggest that its not whitespot at all.

I'm not sure what it could be at this stage, but it doesn't sound like whitespot.

Keep it quarantined for a few days and keep an eye on it. If any more spots appear, come back to us.

Cheers :good:

BTT
 
I think BTT is on to something. I have treated whitespot before and it takes a couple of days to see progress. It does not suddenly end in a few hours. I don't know what you are dealing with but using the wrong treatment is never a good idea, it causes stress without giving any benefit.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top