Whiteclouds

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Romwhi

Reaction score
HI....How long do the live , had 10 in a 20 gallon long with Checkerboards(4),1 Ram,6 Ghost shrimp,1 Bamboshrimp(cool dude) and a Goldspot pleco.All have lived about 2 years in this tank except for Ghostshrimp.Have lost 4 Whiteclouds in about 3 months time,each 1 has just turned really dark and stopped swimming,while everyone else looks good ,all other fish seem fine.Live plants in this tank.

WCMMs kept in the correct environment will live for around 5-7 years.

Since the Ram would suffer from bad water long before the minnows, the first question that comes to mind is: What is the temperature of your tank?

Hey thanks for reply. I have no heater so figuring room temp(76),it gets a little sun light in the mornings.Like I said only Whiteclouds are dieing,everybody else is fine even the remaining Whiteclouds(they seem).Saw 1 of the Ghostshrimp eating 1 of the Whiteclouds today(it was wiggleling) , you think they are killing them.

As long as it doesn't get any warmer than that, I think the minnows would be fine. It certainly shouldn't be causing the die off.

A Ghost shrimp would not be killing the minnows. More likely it would "clean up" afterward.

How sure are you that it's a Ghost shrimp?

Other than that, I dunno? Anyone?

Edit: You might want to post a link to this thread in the "Emergencies" thread. The good aquarists that often frequent that board might have missed this thread.

Most reactions

Back