White Stuff On The Mouth Of Convicts...update...its On My Electric Yel

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Im going to try pimafix and melafix for 7days, do the water change and check the filter and if it doesnt improve i will try something harder. Can i get Maracyn in Australia though?

Its all happening in my tanks....my cat got to my barb today that ive had for 3yrs...now sure how he managed to get him or if he suicided out...i dont think he would jump though after three yrs of this tank!

Im going to try pimafix and melafix for 7days, do the water change and check the filter and if it doesnt improve i will try something harder. Can i get Maracyn in Australia though?

Its all happening in my tanks....my cat got to my barb today that ive had for 3yrs...now sure how he managed to get him or if he suicided out...i dont think he would jump though after three yrs of this tank!

I'm not sure if they have maracyn in australia (I'm in the U.S.) But I would check out the "A-Z Common Meds" pinned post on the emergency page. I am sure someone here will know if you can get it or what a better treatment would be if the melafix/pimafix doesn't work if you don't find it on that post. I am glad you are giving melafix and pimafix a chance you don't want to use stronger meds if its not needed. I am just letting you know with my experience. Just make sure you keep an eye on them. Sorry I couldn't help about maracyn in australia.

^^^
All advice is appreciated :)

Maracyn Tc- Mardel - broad spectrum antibiotic effective primarily against gram-negative
Treats- popeye, gill disease, fin and tail rot and secondary infections.
ACTIVE INGRED
Tetracycline hydrochloride.

Dose this blurb means it treats Columnaris?? I dont want to treat them with it if it isnt meant for it....its the third dose today of melafix and pimafix and there is a slight improvement on the convicts but the electric yellow is still pretty covered. He is old though so it may take a bit longer....the fry dont seem to be affect the the treatment or fungus (if it is it) as they were out (i only seen a couple) swimming round today! :good: Most of them are still tiny tiny.

^^^
All advice is appreciated :)

Maracyn Tc- Mardel - broad spectrum antibiotic effective primarily against gram-negative
Treats- popeye, gill disease, fin and tail rot and secondary infections.
ACTIVE INGRED
Tetracycline hydrochloride.

Dose this blurb means it treats Columnaris?? I dont want to treat them with it if it isnt meant for it....its the third dose today of melafix and pimafix and there is a slight improvement on the convicts but the electric yellow is still pretty covered. He is old though so it may take a bit longer....the fry dont seem to be affect the the treatment or fungus (if it is it) as they were out (i only seen a couple) swimming round today! :good: Most of them are still tiny tiny.

Tetracycline did not do the job for me. The most recommended antibiotic is Kanamycyn (Kanaplex,Kanacyn, etc). If I could do it all over again I would find this med ASAP.

Tetracycline will wipe out the filter bacteria really fast. If you use this medication, monitor the ammonia and nitrite levels closely and reduce feeding.
If the disease is caused by a gram-negative bacterium then tetracycline will work. However, if the disease is being caused by a gram-positive bacterium it won't. It hard to say whether it's gram-neg or gram-pos without a lab.

Age won't make any difference to the speed of the medication on the electric yellow cichlid. If the medication is going to work, then it will show similar results on all the fish at a similar time. It might take half a day longer on fish that are more heavily infected, but there should be a noticeable improvement within a day or so of treatment.

Most reactions

Back