White Stuff On Side Of Tank/heater

always4lora

Fish Herder
Joined
Oct 31, 2008
Messages
1,792
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Location
Cumbria
only recently noticed some white stuff on the side of the tank and a fair bit on the heater casing , it's hard to describe kinda like a furon the tank , now i've cleaned the side of the tank and noticed it's creeping back. any idea on what it might be?
 
Like a kind of gunge type thing? I had it when I first set up my Rio 180. No idea what it was or why it came, but it just went away by itself after a while. Thats all the info I can offer sorry, HTH
 
well i decided why i was putting new filter in touch the stuff and yeah it feels slimey. only thing that has changed in the tank is i got rid of one of plants beacuse it was messy with bits falling of and i put some bogwood from pets at home in. I boiled the bogwood for quite some time so cant see it being something from that
 
In my case it wasn't, doesnt get much softer than the water here in South Wales
 
I have white stuff on the back wall and heater in Brinn's tank. It's actually calcium & limescale deposits - the water round here is pretty hard.
 
I had the same stuff growing on one of the rubber cups on Duncan's heater, I was told it's a sort of algae ( looks like a white/greyish horrid snot? ) . I've found that since a few pest snails came in on some plants it has been disappearing. I saw some snails on it so I can only assume they have been eating it.
 
ahh well thats good nothing to wurry about then , didnt think it would be but best to check:) i'll be getting another couple of plec's soon so will help keep the side of the tank clean...and distribute it back out the other end.. lol.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top