White Spot Diesase Need Advice Asap

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Emzibach

Reaction score
Hia guys. I need some advice please . I think my fish has white spot disease as u can see in the picture, problem is I'm snowed in and cant get to any pet store to collect any treatment, I've put him in a bag for now separate from other fish was this ok? I haven't got a spare tank to put him in, as from now i can only see this fish thats infested. What do i need to do? Im going to do a water change after i post this. Is there anything i can do to stop it spreading ti other fish? I think i won't be able to get out until about monday for anything so I'm kinda panicking. We did add a few new fish last week so im guessing its from them this has spreaded. Do i need to empty all plants and stuff from tank? Any advice will be greatfull.. Thankyou in adavance x

It's pointless isolating the fish, as this is a parasitic infection, the whole tank needs to be treated. There are two ways of treating whitespot. One is medication. The other is salt and heat. I've never done the latter, so I can't advise you what to do.

If you can possibly get to you nearest pet shop, then ensure that you follow the instructions to the letter, in particularly the need to treat even though it seems the spots have gone. This is because of the life cycle of the parasite, which can only be killed when they are not on the fish (ie you can't see them).

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back