White patch on paradise fish mouth.

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Ianvaldius

Reaction score
I woke up this morning and saw a white fuzzy patch around my paradise fish's mouth. I assume this is probably columnaris. What is the best way to treat this/which medications should I buy? And should I treat the tank or remove him and treat just him? I'm worried he'll get more stressed out if I take him out and move him from my 55 to my 2 gallon, especially because the 2 gallon doesn't have a heater currently. My 10 gallon is currently in use quarantining new fish I purchased. The sites I've looked at so far haven't said definitively.

Attachments

• IMG_2844.JPG
    IMG_2844.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 107
can you post a picture showing the white bit?

it could be bruising from swimming into something during the night.

how long have you had the fish for?
have you added anything new in the last 2 weeks?

do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for a week and see if it improves. If it hasn't improved after a few days and gets worse, then it might be Columnaris. But post more pictures and do water changes first.

can you post a picture showing the white bit?

it could be bruising from swimming into something during the night.

how long have you had the fish for?
have you added anything new in the last 2 weeks?

do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for a week and see if it improves. If it hasn't improved after a few days and gets worse, then it might be Columnaris. But post more pictures and do water changes first.
One of my other fish had died earlier. The water parameters seem fine. That fish had a white face when it died, but it was rather quick. I noticed it in the paradise fish and attempted to treat it with seachem paraguard, but unfortunately he passed this morning. I did as suggested, but I guess it was too late. Thank you for your response.

We need the actual results:)

Please don't adjust the pH. With your KH of zero it will just keep dropping and the yoyo-ing pH is not good for fish. Besides, adding chemicals to a tank is never a good idea as they all end up inside the fish.
Let the pH be what it wants to be. Paradise fish are fine in low pH. What other fish are in the tank?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back