White Marks On Clown

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Robert247

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
what are these marks they are like little marks on the side of one of my clowns which has been slowly growing i thought maby white spot but they are not covering the fish but instead are concentrated in one place.
i tried getting a picture but i couldn't so i will have to hope that my description is adequate.
the fish itself is acting normally just the same as the one that is fine. he is swimming ok, his breathing seems normal and he is taking food.

It could be brooknella, which is common in clownfish.

Most likely brooknella. Keep feeding garlic-laced foods often, it should be able to combat the problem itself. If you are planning on a cleaner shrimp now or in the future you might want to speed up that introduction.

Most likely brooknella. Keep feeding garlic-laced foods often, it should be able to combat the problem itself. If you are planning on a cleaner shrimp now or in the future you might want to speed up that introduction.

what food is best to feeed clowqnfish and hoiw often

Clowns are pretty greedy little things and will accept any food really. Mine enjoy the flake food, as well as freeze dried bloodworm. They prefer frozen food like bloodworm and mysis shrimp, although mine go absolutely nuts for lobster eggs :good:

in your opionion what is the best food for a healthy baclanced diet for clownfish . I also have a starfish , i was told i have to place its food underneath him is this true ?

clowns are omnivores but they do better with a bit more meat than veges, 70-30% seems good. Good thing that most flake food is somewhere around that ratio. If you dont plan on feeding saltwater organisms you may want to soak in an omega-3 enricher like selcon. Most frozen mysis is freshwater mysis not saltwater.

I have blood worm for my tropical fish would this be ok for my clowns and my long nose hawk fish. I am only feeding flake and brine shrimp at the moment but i will get more frozen food. I was looking for lobster eggs but nowhere sells them whats the next best thing that is readily available.
the marks on the clown seem to be clearing up and it looks like there is a small scar left.
I have noticed that now and again one of the clowns will make a twitching movement normally when the other clown approaches each other, is this some sort of submissive signal to the other clown?

I have blood worm for my tropical fish would this be ok for my clowns and my long nose hawk fish. I am only feeding flake and brine shrimp at the moment but i will get more frozen food. I was looking for lobster eggs but nowhere sells them whats the next best thing that is readily available.
the marks on the clown seem to be clearing up and it looks like there is a small scar left.
I have noticed that now and again one of the clowns will make a twitching movement normally when the other clown approaches each other, is this some sort of submissive signal to the other clown?

Bloodworm are fine. I regularly feed freeze dried to my fish and sometimes I feed frozen ones too. If you want the lobster eggs I can pm you the e-mail address of a vendor who I purchase mine from. If so just let me know.

The twitching you speak of I have observed too. They sometimes go on their sides at a weird angle and start juddering/twitching. Its definitely the two fish communicating to one another. They don't tend to do it so much now, as I think a pecking order has been established between the three of them. I personally think its was/is a display of aggression/dominance. I could be wrong but it would make sense, since they rarely do it anymore.

Most reactions

Back