White Film On Water Into Cycle Normal?

aibo210

Fish Crazy
Joined
May 8, 2004
Messages
351
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
UK,England,Derby
Hi

I am just into the 7th day of my tank cycle stats are:
PH 7.6
Amonnia 0
GH 10
KH 4
Temp 25

I added tetra safe start on day 3 and added a few danios now I have this wierd white film you can break with your finger floating on the surface but the tank is crystal clear im keeping an eye on my amonnia went up alittle on the first day after adding safe start but went down again a day after but nothing bad yet.

Fish seem fine and I did a small water change today just to clear some film.

Any ideas guys?


Thanks
 
You need to create some surface turbulence to break up the film. An airstone running from an air pump will do the job. Or you can aim the outlet of a power filter towards the surface, and that should help get rid of it too.
In an emergency you can use a piece of paper towel and gently drag it across the surface of the water. The film will collect on the paper towel and can be removed that way.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top