White Cloud Mountain minnows

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
The success rate should be high sometimes it can go the opposite way depending on many factors for one example there may be more eggs turning fungus than usual.
it's good news that you have found some long fins there not often available from local fish shops if and when they do come readily available chances are they will be related.

I personally do not worry if they're related or not either way you should be able to produce good quality fish if you are thinking of breeding the ones that you have I would suggest to let them flock breed, pick out your best male and female and breed them back together always remove any deformed fish when a new stock becomes available you can then add new blood if needed.

To bring out the best colour in fish they should receive natural daylight and live food added to there diet. live food is the most natural food that you can give a fish I feed my fish a good quality flake food and i regulatory feed a variety of live foods atm I have number of juvenile White Clouds which are fed daily on daphnia, some of my live food cultures 2 of my water butts I have daphnia available all year round. and micro worms and vinegar eels are very good foods for egg-laying fry, last pick vinegar eels the smallest of the nematodes that we feed to our fish
View attachment 120377 View attachment 120378
View attachment 120379 View attachment 120380
View attachment 120381
Cheers.
I managed to get my hands on three pairs of long fins a couple of weeks back. They’ve been in QT for two weeks now and will be going in main tank alongside 4 guppies next weekend. (Would’ve been today but govt permitting I’m away for a couple of days this week).

Im gonna order another six online midweek so what sort of M/F ratio would you recommend on top of the 3M/3F I have now?
I’m gonna try breeding em once the tanks settled and my two QT tanks are empty.

I've some kinda disappearing WCMM act going on. One missing for sure, now possibly two. I've searched under driftwood & in plants. No sign. I'm gonna do a water change today and clean filters. Maybe they got stuck in some equipment. Might turn down my Aquaball filters to be safe.

I've some kinda disappearing WCMM act going on. One missing for sure, now possibly two. I've searched under driftwood & in plants. No sign. I'm gonna do a water change today and clean filters. Maybe they got stuck in some equipment. Might turn down my Aquaball filters to be safe.
Awwwwh no. Fins crossed.

Awwwwh no. Fins crossed.

I'm going blind staring at the tank counting. But definitely 2 down. I can't see Bodies anywhere. And I watch the tank enough that I think I'd notice a corpse chow down :/

Ammonia & nitrite 0 but tank is 127L/34G so maybe do dead WCMM won't affect that quickly.

Maybe they're hiding in the tree or behind equipment. Really hope so.

I found them! I spent ages taking filters apart, checking inside the heater case, scanning the runner the lid sits on. Then i lifted a piece of driftwood out of the tank & there were 2 WCMMs in the corner. I think they were hiding in that piece. Possibly thinking about laying some eggs in the java Fern on it. Feckers.

I found them! I spent ages taking filters apart, checking inside the heater case, scanning the runner the lid sits on. Then i lifted a piece of driftwood out of the tank & there were 2 WCMMs in the corner. I think they were hiding in that piece. Possibly thinking about laying some eggs in the java Fern on it. Feckers.
Oh that's a relief! I've had similar hiding fish before, when you're convinced they must have jumped or been eaten or something, and you're moving things around looking for a corpse then they suddenly reappear somehow! I'm convinced fish are interdimensional beings who can pop in and out of ours, and they just like messing with us now and then ;)

Oh that's a relief! I've had similar hiding fish before, when you're convinced they must have jumped or been eaten or something, and you're moving things around looking for a corpse then they suddenly reappear somehow! I'm convinced fish are interdimensional beings who can pop in and out of ours, and they just like messing with us now and then ;)

The stress :rofl: big tank means more fish to count but more places for them to hide!

a good percentage of eggs hatched some of the fry,
they will need feeding soon
IMG_3672 (640x463).jpg

They think they're cats, doing the "time to go to the vet" disappearing into thin (water) trick. !:wizard:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back