White Cloud Mountain Minnows Wcmm

1staquarium

New Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2009
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Leeds, England
I have five WCMMs in a small, unfiltered coldwater tank. I had them in a bigger tank but it cracked (and almost blew up my TV in the process!!!) I have just purchased a 64 litre tropical tank with filter, heater, lights, more live plants etc where I am sure they would have a much better life. Is it possible to keep them in the same temperature water as guppies? I plan to keep guppies once my tank is cycled, but have read that WCMM can only withstand temperatures up to 21c which I think is a bit too cool for guppies?
Please help!
 
Ahh okay thank you. That's a real shame, I really want to keep guppies but want my other fish to be happy too! :( Can you recommend any other tropical fish that will live at this low temperature? I am a beginner.
 
ok thank you i will do a search on them :) although i think i might keep this as a tank for guppies and get a better tank for my WCMM when i can afford it! thanks for your help!
 
Hey, thanks for joining the discussion! I have just been searching and reading and have read a lot of stories/sites etc saying that WCMMs can be kept with guppies and other fish at 22-25c the same as you have found. I think when my tank has cycled I will add them to the tropical tank as things can only get better for them in a much bigger, filtered, well lit tank with lots of hiding places and live plants! :)
Have you found they have bred whilst you have had them? Mine have never bred, due to being in a crappy tank probably! :(
 
i agree with truck they are subtropical ad wouldnt like it up at 25c where guppys do they prefere it below 20c
 
Hey, thanks for joining the discussion! I have just been searching and reading and have read a lot of stories/sites etc saying that WCMMs can be kept with guppies and other fish at 22-25c the same as you have found. I think when my tank has cycled I will add them to the tropical tank as things can only get better for them in a much bigger, filtered, well lit tank with lots of hiding places and live plants! :)
Have you found they have bred whilst you have had them? Mine have never bred, due to being in a crappy tank probably! :(

All my other fish would eat their eggs and fry if they bred. My local fish store has 100s of them and all their tanks are kept at 25c. In summer my water went over 25c for a few days and they are still alive and healthy.
 
Hey, thanks for joining the discussion! I have just been searching and reading and have read a lot of stories/sites etc saying that WCMMs can be kept with guppies and other fish at 22-25c the same as you have found. I think when my tank has cycled I will add them to the tropical tank as things can only get better for them in a much bigger, filtered, well lit tank with lots of hiding places and live plants! :)
Have you found they have bred whilst you have had them? Mine have never bred, due to being in a crappy tank probably! :(

All my other fish would eat their eggs and fry if they bred. My local fish store has 100s of them and all their tanks are kept at 25c. In summer my water went over 25c for a few days and they are still alive and healthy.
yh they would be fine for a few days just not long term.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top