Whiptail Dead!

backtotropical

Retired Mod
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Joined
Jul 9, 2007
Messages
4,481
Reaction score
4
Points
38
One of my Whiptails died yesterday. Unknown causes. :rip:

Sympathy please. My Whiptails are one of my favourites. :sad:
 
Thanks everyone. It was a 'Royal Whiptail' (Sturisoma Festivum).

Don't know why it died. It seemed fine, then bang, found it lying dead, no ammonia, no nitrite, no pH or kH fluctiations, nothing. Just one of those things i guess. :sad:
 
Ohh man, i just checked it out, that is a nice catfish. I'm sorry you lost him. Do you have anymore? They seem to need ultra clean water. I had to do 25%-30% water changes a week, otherwise I would lose them. My water sats came up great everytime, and I had an Eheim canister filter on the tank.
 
Ohh man, i just checked it out, that is a nice catfish. I'm sorry you lost him. Do you have anymore? They seem to need ultra clean water. I had to do 25%-30% water changes a week, otherwise I would lose them. My water sats came up great everytime, and I had an Eheim canister filter on the tank.

Yeah, I think they're amazing. I have 1 more who seems healthy and happy as ever. I do 2 x 50% water changes per week so i don't think clean water is a problem. I have an Eheim 2026 canister and a Fluval 401 canister on the 260 litre tank.
 
Nice filtration, I was using two 2 Eheim 2217 on mine. Hmmm, I don't know what could have caused it then. Hope the other one does ok.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top