Which Tank Set-ups Would You Recommend?

Amberleaf

Fish Addict
Joined
Sep 17, 2009
Messages
780
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Ontario, Canada (If you want to know my city you'r
Okay, well, I want to get more fish, so I wanted to buy a 20-gallon tank; but the most amount of tanks my Mom will allow me to have in my room is 3.

Which of these set-ups do you think would be good? I am *most definitely* getting rid of Mr. Wimpy Fish's 2.5-gallon, so that is not an option. :3

I am just looking for opinions; nothing is settled.... YET. :)

#1:
10-gallon tank, as-is
20-gallon tank, with one 5-gallon part for Mr. Wimpy Fish & 15 gallons free space
5-gallon fry tank

#2:
10-gallon tank, with one 5-gallon part for Mr. Wimpy Fish & 1 5-gallon part for fry
20-gallon tank, as-is

#3:
10-gallon tank with one 5-gallon part for fry & 5 gallons free space
20-gallon tank with 1 5-gallon part for Mr. Wimpy Fish & 15 gallons free space

#4:
10-gallon tank with one 5-gallon part for Mr. Wimpy Fish & 5 gallons free space
20-gallon tank with 1 5-gallon part for fry & 15 gallons free space

Ugh.... My brain is dead; I can't think of any more. Either vote on the choices given or give me an entirely *new* that I might have MISSED! :D
 
Yeah, it would be fully divided with no holes in between (although something would have to be done for the filter.... No, wait; the filter would circulate the water ugh what am I SAYING), so Mr. Wimpy Fish would have no contact with the fry, ever! :D
 
Well honestly I have no idea how small livebearer fry are, so you would need a screen... But that would be see through. I have no experience with dividers, so I don't want to give you false information. But I would do it so it's two seprate bodies of water. Less hassle, though you'd need two filters.
 
if i were you the 20 gal would be for some dwarf snakeheads :D if they would fit ... not sure
other wise tanganyika shellies

and the 10 gal i would have a siamese fighter
 
Option one as a divider will be easier to make for a betta than for the fry :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top