Which style of freshwater tank do you prefer?

What's your favourite scape?

• Dutch

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Jungle

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Iguwami

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Island

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Nature

Votes: 9 90.0%

• Total voters

Red15

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi everyone, so I've already posted about my rescaping of a low tech freshwater tank but thousands of ideas and googling is really confusing me right now.
What I'd like to know is what sort of aquascaping you think is good looking. Dutch, Jungle, Island, Biotope, Nature, Iwagumi...There are so many of them!

I always have the right idea in my minds eye as to how I want my aquarium to look, but things usually conspire against me, so the end result is a scruffy teenage bedroom look....wild and woolly :D

I mean...come on, how cool would it have been if I could actually reach out a hand to my mind and pull out out the scape and throw it in my tank! I think like a pro but what comes out is nice looking at first but then when the plants start to grow, everything turns into a mess.

I mean...come on, how cool would it have been if I could actually reach out a hand to my mind and pull out out the scape and throw it in my tank! I think like a pro but what comes out is nice looking at first but then when the plants start to grow, everything turns into a mess.
I mess is natural, that is what nature is about. Nature is never neat and tidy. Just look at your garden if you haven't weeded it for two years.

I mess is natural, that is what nature is about. Nature is never neat and tidy. Just look at your garden if you haven't weeded it for two years.
I use silicone planting and it still looks like a wild and woolly teenagers bedroom.....

Umm...okay did I just post this in livebearer forum?😜
However, my personal favorite is dutch and island and nature right now, how promising is that for someone who has only one tank to fuss over?

Last edited:
For me it's Nature or something that is easy to create and maintain.
Usually I don't have the time to maintain a planted.
So, I have to keep it as simple as possible.
And my fish are the main focus instead of the plants.

You can also consider the Biotope style.
To me, this is more interesting as you will create the natural habitat of fish.

There are 4 styles/designs for biotope aquarium.
Check this website and choose any of the 4 designs depending on which part of the river.

IMG_20220201_201701.jpg

Pictures description: In a water system there may be several biotopes with different environmental conditions and communities of living organisms. For example: 1. A biotope of a stream with a rapid current, cool and oxygenated water. 2. A biotope of a marginal area of a lake, littered with driftwood and leaves, with a low pH. 3. A biotope of a shallow part of a river with muddy bottom, covered with water plants. 4. A biotope with sand and stones, with a high GH.

Last edited:
Either Nature or Biotope. I think Biotopes are wicked cool, because it’s like you’re recreating a section of a natural habitat.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back